Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to use Resource tab in a request?

Highlighted
sevcan
Super Contributor.

How to use Resource tab in a request?

Hi all,

When tracking resurces is opened in the request type, how the end user will follow if it is assigned in a request as a resource? I attached a resource to a request in the resource tab, but the resource could not see that request in his my actions list or my request list. When I tried to log time, it also did not appear in the suggested item list. Thus, how can a resource see if it is a resource in that request?

Thanks in advance,

Sevcan

3 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to use Resource tab in a request?

Are you trying to assign resource in "Assign To" field of the request (header).

The resources mentioned in this field will only be have that request in "Suggested Item" list; you can also modify thi rule according to your need (refer Time mgmt conf guide).

Whereas request list portlet will dispaly the request according to its Prefernce or config settings.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
sevcan
Super Contributor.

No, I am not trying to assign resource in "Assign to" field. If you open the track resource speciality at the resource tab n the request type. You can add multiple resources to a request.

I double check the assigned to user, he also can not see that request in his suggested items list.

jerome.vovard
Super Contributor.

Your user is trying to add this request as item to his new timesheet? hope this request is not closed.

your user has to belong to a resource pool...Can he select the request to his timesheet using the 'add item/ Request' button?