Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update tasks via web services? Is it possible?

Highlighted
roxor

How to update tasks via web services? Is it possible?

Hello guys,

I can create task in workplan with all data I need. But I don't know how to update existing task. Is this possible???

When I am looking on the list of available web services operations I don't see there anything for updating task.

I need to update - change values for fields in User Data section in existing Tasks.

List of available web service operations from documentation:
createProject
updateProject
executeWorkFlowTransition
createBlankWorkPlan
createWorkPlanFromTemplate
importWorkPlanTasks
addTasksToExistingWorkPlan
updateTaskActuals
readTasks
searchProjects
searchTasks
getProjectDetails
bulkImportProjects
updateWorkPlanStatus
exportWorkPlanFromProject

Thanks a lot.
r.
4 REPLIES
kerimkilic
Super Collector

Re: How to update tasks via web services? Is it possible?

there is no webservice update task info. whether you need to set data while adding task or im not sure for this way but you can try with updatetaskactuals, you can update actuals with 0 btw update task user data. i used both webservices, with updatetaskactuals im able to update status of existing task
roxor

Thank for you answer kerimkilic. I have tried to use updateActuals but it seem to be dead end or I don't know how to use it.

I can't believe that it is not possible to change values in user data fields. Why we can create tasks with evey data we need but we can't change them when we need? It is strange. It seems to me like a basic functionality...
roxor

I still didn't get how to do it. Kerimkilic would you be so kind and provide me with a piece of code where I can see how did you update updateTaskActuals method which is used for update task actuals.

Many thanks for your help.
roxor

OK, it seems that my plan with use of webservices to update tasks user data failed.

Is there any other way/possibility how to automaticaly update task?

1. For example use of Open Interface? - I didn't see time management there.

2. Or do it via some pl/sql function which will update database table with user data? I am not usre that this is good idea. And how to get data to database to be reachable by sql funcction...

3. Or do it via some request? I have no idea how.

4. I saw some PPMXML generator. Is this somehow useful for me?

I will apreciate any suggestion. Thank you very much.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event