Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to show "Resource Finder" icon on custom "Assigned To: field

Highlighted
kev marks
Super Contributor.

How to show "Resource Finder" icon on custom "Assigned To: field

Hello,
We are using demand requests to assign resources to the work, and we want that work to show up as allocations in the Res. Mgmt visualizations.

How do we get the Resource Finder icon to show up next to the "Assigned To" field if we are using a custom validation. The OOTB validation "CRT - Assigned To - Enabled" returns all users, we only want to see users from a specific security group.

Also, is there a way to pre-populate the results of the resource finder initial screen (first screen that opens when you click on "Resource Finder" button.

PPM 7.5 SP5

thanks
Kevin
5 REPLIES
kev marks
Super Contributor.

Re: How to show "Resource Finder" icon on custom "Assigned To: field

Has anybody done this?
kerimkilic
Trusted Contributor.

you can use custom field for assigned to. if u still want to use resource finder; u need to customize jsp page.
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

Probably not an approved method by HP, but I found that you can update a few of the fields in the knta_validations table (parameter4, visible_parameter4, env_behavior to match OOTB validation), and resource finder appears after clearing cache (kRunCacheManager.sh A). It does not however list only the resources based on your custom query. The resource finder has the same results when clicking the resource finder button, no matter what the query is for the field, if you make updates mentioned above.
kev marks
Super Contributor.

Marlene,
You're the best, thanks.

I had to do a couple extra changes to other fields (parameter4, visible_parameter4, env_behavior_code, last update, entity last update, Validation_type_code = SQL_USER
decimal_places = blank out)
and then it finally worked, so maybe not all were necessary but at least one of the additional columns I mentioned was.

This is very useful info.

Thanks
Kevin
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

Y, I am on 8.0, so it could be different for 7.5... Sorry - forgot to mention! Glad I helped to point you in the right direction though!