The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show "Resource Finder" icon on custom "Assigned To: field

Highlighted
kev marks
Regular Collector

How to show "Resource Finder" icon on custom "Assigned To: field

Hello,
We are using demand requests to assign resources to the work, and we want that work to show up as allocations in the Res. Mgmt visualizations.

How do we get the Resource Finder icon to show up next to the "Assigned To" field if we are using a custom validation. The OOTB validation "CRT - Assigned To - Enabled" returns all users, we only want to see users from a specific security group.

Also, is there a way to pre-populate the results of the resource finder initial screen (first screen that opens when you click on "Resource Finder" button.

PPM 7.5 SP5

thanks
Kevin

2 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to show "Resource Finder" icon on custom "Assigned To: field

Hi Kevin,

In PPM 9.11 OOTB "CRT - Assigned To - Enabled" validation has Resource Finder ability :smileywink: .

There is another way to find this mysterious validation: First of all you could find work plan jsp file. Than open this file with notepad and search task assigned to. You will find a validation number. Find this validation name in validation table in PPM db. This is your the mysterious validation.

With this way I have changed some PPM validations in my PPM projects.

Please inform me if you have any question.

Celil.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to show "Resource Finder" icon on custom "Assigned To: field

Hi again,

please have a look to enclosed document which about my another validation change work.

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event