Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to set a user start date for Time-Reporting?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
tpmack
Frequent Contributor.

How to set a user start date for Time-Reporting?

How do you set the start week for time-reporting for a specific user?    For example,  a user gets a ppm account on Jan-1-2012.  I want to make time-reporting for the user to begin on Jun-1-2012.   In other words, the user is not allowed to charge time in PPM before Jun-1-2012. 

I looked around in PPM and the docs and don’t see a way to define start date for time-reporting for a user.

4 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How to set a user start date for Time-Reporting?

Sorry body, there is no way with OOTB. Absolutly you can do it with custom report
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
tpmack
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks quick reply.    What do you mean by custom report to control data entry?    My current thinking is to use a "user user data" field to store the time-sheet start date and then figure out how to change the OOTB create time-sheet period drop down list to restrict  the period shown to values that are >= to the specific user's  start date.     As there better/easier way to do this?

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
When I said customization, I meant custom report, customizing OOTB.
You don't need to create a user data field to obtain time-sheet start date, actually it already store in KNTA_USERS table as CREATION_DATE.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Don't assign a Time Management license until that date...?