Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send notifications to multiple recipients from a Workflow Step

Highlighted
mallik_248
Super Collector

How to send notifications to multiple recipients from a Workflow Step

Greetings,

I am in need to send out notifications from a particular steps to multiple recipients.

Problem is that the e-mail ids of these recipients are dynamic in nature and they are captured by the system in the run time. I gave it a try by adding them on to the Notification section of the Workflow step configuration as

TO : Enter an Email Address

Email Address : xxxxx@.abc.com,12345@abc.com,mnop@abc.com (Comma seperated)

Result : E-mail was not sent out - Failed

I have also tried the below options in vain ( Semi Colen seperated & #@# seperated)

Email Address : xxxxx@.abc.com;12345@abc.com;mnop@abc.com

Email Address : xxxxx@.abc.com#@#12345@abc.com#@#mnop@abc.com

What is that I am missing here. Since these are dynamic in nature I can not use a Security Group for this purpose.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mallikarjun

4 REPLIES
Shiwan_Agrawal
Super Collector

Re: How to send notifications to multiple recipients from a Workflow Step

Hello Mallikarjun

Try adding an execution step after your decision step and in that execution step, try to call a procedure to send email.

Thanks,

Shiwan

mallik_248
Super Collector

Hi Shiwa,

Thanks!

You mentioned calling a procedure in an execution step to send the e-mail. Do you mean a pl/sql procedure or an OOTB procedure that sends out the notification? Can you provide more details please.

Thanks,

Mallikarjun

skbd
Regular Collector

I don't know how many others have seen this behavior, but since I migrated to 9.3x, I have run into circumstances where if I have multiple recipients which include a mixture of email addresses and PPM users (selected via a token or security group), I get very dicey results.

Sometimes the email goes out to all recipients, and sometimes it goes to only a subset of recipients.

When I remove the hardcoded email addresses, the behavior of the sending returns to normal and everyone gets the notification.

This issue may be a variant on the same root cause...?

mallik_248
Super Collector

Hi skdb,

Even though dicy, I would like to understand how were you able to send out the notification to multiple recipients ? :)

I need to send a notification to 3-4 email ids and all these ids are filled in automatially to a field on the run hence I can not create a Security Group for this.

Any inputs are helpful.

Thanks,

Mallikarjun

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event