How to send notification for Project Manager OOTB field change

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

How to send notification for Project Manager OOTB field change

Hi ,

We have a requirement to send notification at field level change for Project manager (OOTB Field) . As we know we have a set of 10 fields for sending notificatioin at filed level. Now I tried to use Assigned to field such that with the help of rule I am populating it with project manager field(Multi select).

As we know that Assigned To Field is Single select and cannot be altered. Now if we have multi project managers then wen we save it gves JAVA error. we are using PPM 7.1 SR-7 .

Now How to send notification at field level for Multi project managers. Pls take this on urgent.

Thanks in advance!!
6 REPLIES
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to send notification for Project Manager OOTB field change

I forgot to mention .it is working for single project manager(single value)
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you give multiple Email Address in the notification, What is the delimiter?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Phani,

Are you using your Assigned To field as the 'notification to' field, or just to trigger the notification? You might try having your rule just populate Assigned To with one of the names, and configure the notification to send to the Project Manager field so it will go to both...
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

yes you are correct . I was trying to populate assigned to with project manager values and use assigned to token to send notification.

You mean that Assigned to be used as trigger only and use PROJECT MANAGER token to send notification?
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, that way you can avoid the error when it tries to put more than one person in Assigned To. You will need your rule SQL to filter out the additional people.
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

what I believe that I am going to populate assigned with some dummy value as I am not going to use the assigned to token for sending notification, it is only for triggering.

Thanks!!