The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove workplan

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PB Singh
Occasional Advisor

How to remove workplan

I have started work on a Project and I created a test workplan. Now I would like to manage this project by uploading workplan that is created in MS Project. While uploading, I am not seeing this project in the list of projects as there is already a workplan created.
How do I delete this workplan to upload workplan from MS Project.
Thanks,
5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: How to remove workplan

Hi
Go to "Edit Work Plan" --> "Actions"-->"Delete Work Plan". If you have a task with "In Progress" or "Complete" statuses you need set it to "Ready". Aslo you need "Project Management" license and included in "PPM Project Managers" sequrity group or "All Access grants" group.
Good Luck
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Yep, Workplan can be deleted that way, It is a permanent action and it cannot be reversed. Also I hope you cannot delete a plan if there are any actuals in it.

Regards,
Mahendran M
PB Singh
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for reply.
This workplan contains only one dummy task starting and ending same day with no actual.
Somehow the "Delete work Plan" is grayed out.
Thanks for replies
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Singh,

Check the Project Settings. To delete a workplan from the project, the Microsoft Project Integration should be "PPM Controlled" and not "Shared" or "Microsoft Controlled".

I think this helps.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
PB Singh
Occasional Advisor

I have to ask our support team to add extra privilege to me to delete the project plan.
Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event