How to quote entries in DocumentWindow.jsp

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

How to quote entries in DocumentWindow.jsp

Hi,

we are using PPM 7.5 SP6 with Documentum integration. Now we get problems with the field level security for attachment fields. When the attachment field is editable, the user has the possibility to delete the previous or current version. But we only want the function, that the user can check-out and check-in documents.

I thing, i have to edit the DocumentWindow.jsp, but i can't find the entry, where the "Delete" action is called.

Any ideas?

Attached, you'll find the jsp file

7 REPLIES
Sascha_Mohr
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to quote entries in DocumentWindow.jsp

Hi,

we don't use Documentum, but deleting attachments has been an issue for us too.

Instead of removing the option to delete attachments we added an audit trigger, that monitors deletions. If you are talking about attachment fields you can do that just by the field's settings. That audit trigger will only be necessary for attachments in the references section.

For an attachment field you could also store the URL to the file in a separate field or note. If I remember correctly the files are not deleted right away but by a background service that runs on an interval and can probably be disabled too.

Regards
Sascha
Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Sascha,

the problem is, that we need the versioning functionality of attachments. If you don't disable the "Delete" button, the system deletes also the version history in the DocumentWindow page. So it isn't traceable for other users. The major reason is, that we need the old attachments including the version history for auditing.

So i mean, the only chance we have is to disable the button?

Regards

Sascha

Sascha_Mohr
Respected Contributor.

You're probably right then.

It's fairly easy to find the button in the source of teh html page, but the JSPs are not that accessible. I would assume the file DeleteReference.jsp plays some role there. Maybe when commenting the line starting with opener.deleteReference the delete button will stop working.

Regards
Sascha
Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Sascha,

unfortunately, your solution works only in some cases, but not in general. I commented the line, you entered below, and run the JSPCompiler. Then i opened the request and delete the attachment. First i thougt the system deleted the attachment because of the message (no document attached) on the specific field. But when you refresh the browser (F5), you got the old attachment reference. In this case, it works fine.

But when i press the delete button and enter a note to the request and then press the save button, the system really deletes the attachment. After refreshing the browser, there isn't the reference. So this is a problem, because i have assume that the user add an additional note to the request.

Regards

Sascha

Sascha_Mohr
Respected Contributor.

Already had the feeling it would not be that easy. You will probably need a Java pro that does some investigation. The jsp construct seems to be fairly complex.

Regards
Sascha
Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Sascha,

so it should be the best to open a support case?

Regards

Sascha

Sascha_1
Super Contributor.
Solution

After contacting HP Support, the support engineer opened an enhancement request.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L28681