Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open portlet from request?

Highlighted
roxor

How to open portlet from request?

Hello friends,

I would to ask if there is possibility to open web page (e.g. portlet) directly from request. For example how to open portlet from request, using values in request fields as some sort of filter for portlet. I am not aware about any special command ...

Thanks a lot,

r.

3 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: How to open portlet from request?

While I haven't done it personally, I would think that having a read only URL field would work.  Of course, you would need to know the portletId and you probably pass the preferences in a parameters in the URL.

http://PPMSERVER:PORT/itg/dashboard/app/portal/MaxView.jsp?portletId=[P.PORTLET_ID]&FILTER_TOKEN1=[P.FIELD1]&FILTER_TOKEN2=[P.FIELD2] 

The parameters would updated with Rules on Field Change. 

Again, this is completely untested, but the first thought that I had that may solve this scenario.

roxor

Jason thanks for hint. Your solution is working properly. But in this solution user has to click on the link.

I would like to do it in execution step somehow. Open page by clicking on 'Execute' button'. Execution step should set parameters, portlet ID and open new page in new window. How to do this?

Thanks,

r.

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

I'm definitly thinking outside my area of expertise, but I'm thinking you would create a custom JavaScript function that would launch the new window to put into the customUIRules file.  Then put an OR step in, renamed to something unique, as the target of the button.  Then setup a UI Rule that would trigger on transition and the step name is this OR step and the UI Rule would be the custom JavaScript function to launch the portlet window.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event