Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to open a closed project

Highlighted
sevcan
Super Contributor.

How to open a closed project

Hi,

It is wanted to open a closed project and activate the wbs. Becasue, the project has been closed before the resources enter their timesheets. Is there a way to open a closed project?

Best Regards,

Sevcan

5 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to open a closed project

Hi Sevcan,

Please open 0 "zero" task in WBS then change "status" to "active". After then please check the tasks - which will entered time sheet - status must be "in progress" or "ready".

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
sevcan
Super Contributor.

Hi Celil,

Since the project is closed, it does not let me to edit the task.DO you have any other suggestion?

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sevcan,

You can reopen project. In workbench, open project request type. at the right side of screen you can see reopen field. The field consist workflow steps. Select a step there. When you open project in front-end you can see reopen button. If you click it, project reopen on step which you selected in reopen field.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
sevcan
Super Contributor.

Hi Celil,

I did this before. But, since the proje is closed, it did not effect the closed project. But I tried to open a new project and did all the steps and closed, it worked for the new project. I need something that can also affect the closed old projects.

Thanks,

Sevcan

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Sevcan,

Since you will have a workflow tied to your project request type, use the reopen step entry on Workflow from workbench. This allows the re-open button on status tab on project details tab. Carefull make this selection and you should be able to reopen the project. If needed you can reopen the workplan as well. I think you already have the steps to re-open the workplan.

Remember you might need to clear cache before you can see the button to reopen the request.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.