Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to move data between PPM 7.5 and 8.00?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
roxor
Honored Contributor.

How to move data between PPM 7.5 and 8.00?

Hello,

It is common to move data from one PPM instance to another but I expect that instances are same. I need now to move all data from PPM 7.5 to PPM 8.00 - from one instance to another. Do you think that this is possible? In 8.00 there are structural changes so I can't only move database. Maybe there exists some script for this...

My first initial idea was to make image from server where I have PPM 7.5, upgrade that 7.5 instance to 8.00 and then perform basic backup to that 8.00 which I need. But as I said this is first idea and I would say that it is not the best option :)  ...

Thanks,

r.

3 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to move data between PPM 7.5 and 8.00?

Upgrading an instance with the database you want to capture from 7.5 to 8.0 is the only option I am aware of.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Roxor,

I think you want to test the upgrade in sandbox or any other instance. 

The best approach is to clone the exiting instance (in your case version 7.5), then you need to upgrade it to verison 8.x.

Whereas to you original question, you cannot migrate the data between version 7.5 to 8.x. 

1. Even the object migration works between same versions

2. Also there is major difference in the data model between 7.5 and 8.x.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
roxor
Honored Contributor.

Thanks guys for your knowledge. So I will try it in this way - clone 7.5 instance and make upgrade on it.