Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to modify the value of "Discount rate" in Financial Summary page

Highlighted
PPMRam
Super Contributor.

How to modify the value of "Discount rate" in Financial Summary page

Hi,

We have Discount Rate Field in Financai Summary page. We have requirement to modify the value of this field.

Is there any way we can modify this value.

Thanks

Shravan

6 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to modify the value of "Discount rate" in Financial Summary page

Hi,

This value is strored in request type and by default under Business Case Details section as Discount Rate field.

You can modify this value;

1. open workbench
  2. open related request header type. (click Open at the right-top of related request type screen)
  3. expand Business Case Details section in Fields tab and find Discount Rate field.
  4. at Discount Rate field properties click Default tab
  5. you will see constant value in there, you can change it.

please see: enclosed screenshot

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
PPMRam
Super Contributor.

Hi,

We need to modify the Discount rate in "Financial Summary" page not in request type,  We are using PPM 8.0 SP2. Is there anyway we can modify this value in "Financial Summary" page. If we modify the value in request header type, will this change be reflected in "Financial Summary" page?

Thanks

Shravan

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

yes it will.

In addition to that you can make editable this field and give field security to admin or project manager. But it's not recommended.

Please note that: if you change it in request header type, it will effect all requests(proposal or project)

Celil
Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
PPMRam
Super Contributor.

Hi,

As we know that it will reflect in the request type, but it will reflect on the Proposal or Project summary page or not?. I am sending the Screen shot. Please let me know whether the change can be effected to this page or not?

Thanks

Shravan

PPMRam
Super Contributor.

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I have just detailed the case:

When you change discount rate in request header type ...

• discount rate value don't change which are already created projects or proposals etc.
  • new discount rate is affected over new created projects or proposals etc.
  • to change old created porposals' and projects' discount rate you can update PRJ_DISCOUNT_RATE field in KCRT_FG_PFM_PROJECT table.

After all changes done, you may not see effects immediately on calculations. You must wait until running the services which calculate all financials.

Note: when I mention discount rate it means in financial summary's discount rate field.

Please note that try these changes on test systems. Your system may not run correctly beacuse of some other configurations which are not same with my systems.

Celil

Celil

& PPM Solution Architect