Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to modify pre-configured portlet?

Highlighted
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

How to modify pre-configured portlet?

Hi,

We have a pre-configured portlet that shows X, Y Z fields in summary. The portlet is of type Development request. This Development request has got additional fields namely - X, Y, Z, A, B, C.

Now, if I want to add field A to the pre-configured portlet (so that the available column shows newly added field i.e A) what I need to change and where?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sam.
7 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to modify pre-configured portlet?

By Pre-Configured Portlet you mean to say portlets like 'Request List' etc

For this you have to choose the necessary request Type and click Advanced Filter(Shown in Snap)

In the coming window, you have scrool down to see 'Choose Display Column'

Regards,
Mahendran M
Nisha Kurien
Honored Contributor.

In addition to Mahendran's response, you may want to also enable the option 'Display on Search and Filter' in the Workbench->Demand Management tab->Open the request type->Double click on the new field.

Screenshot attached for your reference.

-Nisha Kurien
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes Nisha, You are correct. Also if we are using 2 or more Request Type, in the Request Type and want the common field to appear in the filter or output Column, We should have same validation and same Token Name for the fields.

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Nisha, Mahendran,
That field is already enabled. But still I am not able to see that field in "Edit preferences" of that portler.

Snaps attacched.
Nisha Kurien
Honored Contributor.

Could you also send us a screenshot of your page view (Request Search) when you hit Advanced Filter after populating the request type. Attaching screenshots of steps to follow.

This may help - try running the cache manager (sh kRunCacheManager.sh -A) from the application server. Maybe PPM is using an old page.

- Nisha Kurien
Nisha Kurien
Honored Contributor.

I get a feeling you aren't referring to the out of the box portlet "Request List". Which portlet are you using?

-Nisha Kurien
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Nisha, Mahendran,

I think, I got from what you said. I will confirm once again and let you guys know.

Regards,
Sam.