Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to make it Cost = 0 for project not involved any cost

Highlighted
Irniey_Azura
Contributor.

How to make it Cost = 0 for project not involved any cost

Hi All

I have issue with HP PPM Version 9.31. When I create 2 project and add task using same setting and template it showing different view under total plan cost. 1 project is zero (0) and other project show me quite big no. what I need is to make sure the value is zero because this is only for timesheet purposes not involve any cost.

Kindly help. TQ.

5 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to make it Cost = 0 for project not involved any cost

Hi,

as per the screenshots, you are not using the same template.

In order to update the actuals, you should open the work plan, go to cost view, and update the planned and actual costs.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

I noticed your dates in the Project Cost portlet are different.  You could have different cost rate rules in place.  But, I suspect, the first workplan is not active, while the second one is active.  Making the workplan active triggers cost rollups which will show on this portlet, but if you are using this for time tracking, it must be active to show on timesheets.  

My suggestion is to first make sure both workplans are active, then set cost rules with no cost for any resources assigned to this project.  If these resources need to show costs on other projects you may have to get creative with the cost rule setup to figure out a way to trigger the zero cost rules instead of the existing cost rules.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Irniey_Azura
Contributor.

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply. But how to update planned and actual cost? can help to provide me the guideline. Tq.

Irniey_Azura
Contributor.

Hi Derek

Tq for your reply.

Can share with me how to set cost rules with no cost for any resources assigned to this project?

Tq

Irni

Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

If this requirement is for a single project, you can add a cost factor (Open, Administration, Financials, Change Cost Factors) for the project.  Then set up a new Cost Rule specifying the project and a cost of $0.  You can find details on this in the Financial Management User's Guide.  Chapter 2 covers Configuring Cost Rules.  Page 17 (of the V9.30 English document) has a section "Configuring Precedence of Cost Factors" that will walk you through this.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)