Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to make a request only visible to the users selected from a list ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
kndlny
Super Contributor.

How to make a request only visible to the users selected from a list ?

Hi,

I have a field called "Notify List" where user can multi-select users and a field called "Confidentiality"(Yes or No) on the "Create Request" screen. Whenever "Yes" is selected, request will be only visible to the users on the notify list. Anyone has done this before ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to make a request only visible to the users selected from a list ?

Hi kndlny,

I didn't do that exactly but I did similar thing.

1. First of all, define 2 token. One of them (A) will store users which will come from "Notify List", other one (B) store security group which default users who see requests.
  2. In request type at user access tab enter these token; first one (A) as User ID, second one (B) as Security Group ID.
  3. Create two rule, that depend on change of "Confidentiality". When this field equal YES then copy Notify List content to first token (A) and clear second token (B) content. When this field equal NO then clear first token (A) content and assign default value to second token (B). For these copy/clear you can use below SQL in rule.

Load A, Clear B   -->  Select '[Notify List Token]','[Notify List Token]','',''

Clear A, Load B   -->  Select '','','Default Security Group Name','Default Security Group Name'

PS: In this architect, please refine request type user access table.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via kudos the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
kndlny
Super Contributor.

Hi Celil,

Thanks for the advice but I have done the same thing for that purpose. This one is a little bit tricky.

User ids and usernames are separated by "#@#" tokenizer in the database. So "Notify List" token does not really return the exact users. I could think of a while statement with substring function but I don't think you can populate neither a security group nor org unit with the result from that while statement.

Thanks,

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi, kndlny,

you don't need to do that, just specify in the request access tab that the token represents a security group and then Celil's solution will work.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
kndlny
Super Contributor.

Hi Alex,

This solution works if there is only one user selected from the list. But for more than one user, It does not work because of the reason I mentioned before. Any other possible solutions ?

Thanks

kndlny
Super Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

Using the validation for "Assigned to" , enabling multiselect option and then defining the token in the User Access tab will solve the problem.