The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide Add/Remove/Modify Budget Lines on the Budget screen ?

Highlighted
Sandeep K
Super Collector

How to hide Add/Remove/Modify Budget Lines on the Budget screen ?

Hello,
We have a requirement to hide the buttons Add/Remove/Modify Budget Lines on the Budget screen.
This is needed becasue all the budget lines are added via backend and budget lines needs to be the standard across all projects i.e no one should be changing any of the lines.
But they still need to able to enter the planned budget values.
Is there any way to change the jsp file to achive this ?
Has anyone come across the scenario before ?
Any pointers will be helpful !

Thanks,
Sandeep.
4 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to hide Add/Remove/Modify Budget Lines on the Budget screen ?

HI.
Add/Remove/Modify Budget Lines on the Budget screen appear only if you have "edit budgets" grants.i.e. remove this grant from users security groups and all fine. As variant in all budgets allow "cumfigure access" function. Use this for hide Add/Remove/Modify Budget Lines buttons.
Good Luck
Sandeep K
Super Collector

Semenov, thanks for your reply.

I removed Edit Budgets access grant for the Project Manager and gave access to the budget via "Configure Access" on the budget screen.

But now the "Modify Budget" button does not appear at all for the Project Manager, which they need to enter the Planned Budget values.
I fact, they can't even look at the Budget if I don't give them at least View Budgets access grant.

"Modify Budget" seems to come up only if I give Edit Budgets access grant.But of course by giving Edit Budgets, they can Add/Remove/Modify Lines.

(And all this is for the Project Manager assigned to that Project)

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Sandeep.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
Also you need go to "project setting". Project security tab and set visible project and budget not for all users. In this case you don't need remove Edit budget grants. In result only project managers, stakholders and resources can view project. View and edit budget can only PM and stakeholders.
Good Luck
Sandeep K
Super Collector

Hi , The Project setting is already set only to PMs and stakeholders, but still no luck.

Sandeep.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event