Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give access to a user to modify the portlet

Highlighted
PPM_dynamic_use
Regular Collector

How to give access to a user to modify the portlet

Hi All,

How to give access to a user to modify the portlet on the dashboard page?

I created a new module with a page and some portlets on it. In the module settings, I selected the specific users under "Users specified below will have access to modify this Module" but still they are not able to modify the portlets. The error is: "Shared portlet is not editable".

My requirement is: some users should be able to modify the portlets on the page and then it should get reflected to all the users who have the page added to their dashboards.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
hyllplan
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to give access to a user to modify the portlet

Unfortunately the error message is correct "Shared portlet is not editable". If you share a module, you have to manage them centrally usually PPM-admin or project office. To be able to change filters in portlets you have to make them private, thats basically a copy of the portlet.

So if you would like to share a configurable portlet you have two options:

- create a portlet that users can use as private

- create a shared portlet that users can copy to their private area

If private portlets get changed you will have to inform users about it so they can pick up the new version. Thats a hazzle. Stick with shared portlets as far as possible.

Another approach would be to use reports instead of portlets. Create a report that generates an excel for example. Perl have some easy create excel functions that could be used. Then you can specify report filters that users can choose from.

PPM_dynamic_use
Regular Collector

Re: How to give access to a user to modify the portlet

Thanks for your comments. I figured out that we need to give the config license to user in order to enable him to configure/modify the module/page. Not sure why it does not wok if we just give the edit rights to user but not the config.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event