Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the variable name of Host Name of Database in an Environment in PPM7.5

Highlighted
Ned Leonor
Occasional Advisor

How to get the variable name of Host Name of Database in an Environment in PPM7.5

HI

I want to Know the varibale name of Host Name of Database in the Host section while registering for the environments.

For Example [DEST_ENV.SERVER_NAME] is the server name and [DEST_ENV.DB_CONNECT_STRING] is DB Connect String.

Thanking you.

Akshaya
5 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: How to get the variable name of Host Name of Database in an Environment in PPM7.5

Are you looking for [DEST_ENV.DB_NAME]?
Ned Leonor
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to get the variable name of Host Name of Database in an Environment in PPM7.5

Hey its not ..I am looking for the variable for the Host Name of the DB ,but the varibale you write DEST_ENV.DB_NAME is same as the SID of the database.

Thanks,

Akshaya
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Akshaya,

I agree with Erik that DB_NAME token should return the database hostname. The only tokens available for the database I think are:

DATABASE_ENABLED_FLAG
DATABASE_TYPE
DB_CONNECT_STRING
DB_JDBC_URL
DB_LINK
DB_NAME
DB_ORACLE_SID
DB_PASSWORD
DB_PORT_NUMBER
DB_USERNAME
DB_VERSION

The hostname is stored in, I believe two parameters, i.e. DB_NAME and DB_JDBC_URL. If you are not getting it from DB_NAME for some reason, then can create a custom sql to parse the database hostname which is embedded into the DB_JDBC_URL token value.

Is the DB_NAME returning you a different value than the hostname mentioned in the JDBC URL?
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Also, the SID should come from the DB_ORACLE_SID token, and may be same as the DB_CONNECT_STRING token value based on the naming choosen for both of these. Are you looking for a fully qualified hostname, like hostname.domainname.com or so?
MarkBrz
Acclaimed Contributor

Yes. 

It would be nice to be able to get the value of the Environment field "Host Name" in the Database Section.

Why would we enter the value if we cannot use it?

DB_CONNECT_STRING is configured to be used by SQLPLUS connections to the database and, per your documentation, usually matches the DB_SID value.

How do we use the value, that we have supplied as the Database Host Name, as a TOKEN?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event