Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the value of Project type name?

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri

How to get the value of Project type name?

Hi,

I have developed custom JSP page and included in the references tab of the projects. I want to know the project type name of the opened project.Can anyone tell me how to get the value of project type name of corresponding project? Is there any java or JSP method is there to get the name. or is there any session scope or request scope variable available to get the project type name of the corresponding project?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.
2 REPLIES
Alexandru Saven
Regular Collector

Re: How to get the value of Project type name?

Hello,

I needed this information in a report, and I took the data from the database, since I could not find any session/page object to hold this information.

Let me know if you find one

Cheers
Alex
Shravan Kathuri

Re: How to get the value of Project type name?

Hi

Even i have tried to get the data from the database.I have included the code to connect to database in custom JSP page which is included in standard PPM JSP page under WEB-INF/jsp/pm/project folder).But it is giving error "javax.servlet.*" package does not exist eventhough this package exists.
Otherwise, Is it possible to include code for connecting to database in the standard PPM JSP page itself.If so, how to declare this type of custom code?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event