Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to get the details of deprecated tables information in PPM8

Highlighted
SantoshkumarMot
Regular Contributor.

How to get the details of deprecated tables information in PPM8

Hi,

Can anyone please send us the details on how to get the deprecated tables information in PPM 8 and PPM 9.

Is there any document available to view the tables which are deprecated in PPM 8 and PPM 9.

Thanks

Ram.

4 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to get the details of deprecated tables information in PPM8

hi,

the "What's New" document for PPM 8.0 contains a chapter called Data Model Changes - this the official documentation.

As an extra, when you upgrade, deprecated tables are renamed - a suffix representing the PPM version is added to the table name. This functionality is implemented by HP in order for you not to lose data upon upgrade.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
SantoshkumarMot
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

I got this information.thnaque very much for your help.

Thnaks,

Ram

roxor
Honored Contributor.

I have slighlty different question.

I have upgraded PPM from 7.5 SP7 to PPM 8.03. I have some custom portlets and some custom views which are using table deprecated tables. In my database only a few tables were renamed after upgrade and this particular tables weren't renamed, no matter that they are in the deprecated tables list.

For example kcst_budgets, kcst_benefits and many others.

Question: Now I am not sure if I have to change my custom portlets, when it is still showing data and no errors are given. Everything look good. Maybe new information will not be added to these tables but I am confused that these tables weren't renamed by upgrade...

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi roxor,

If your queries running without error, there could be two possibilities;

1. your tables are not changed
  2. as you said, there are new tables that are replaced your old ones but you could still get data and this data is not live. For example: budget and benefit tables are still stand but there are new tables like financial_summary but only new ones are live, rest of them are just for backward compatibility.

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect