How to get Project/Tasks in My Items of Timesheet

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

How to get Project/Tasks in My Items of Timesheet

Hi,

I have integrated A project with Time management by changing the setting in COST and Effort at task level. Now I have created a timesheet for the period and trying to add tasks of that project using ADD ITEAMs functionality usinf the filters given . I am not able to track the tasks of that project (project has Work plan with tasks assigned resources).

Please see the screens shot. I m trying to fill timesheet at task level . So want to add the tasks as item of the TS. howver i am not able search.
Quick response would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Phani
7 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How to get Project/Tasks in My Items of Timesheet

Good Day.
Check you work plan status.Status can be ACTIVE.
Good Luck
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

Thanks a Lot!!.. You are genious..!!

I have couple of doubts. Can timesheet be filled at Project level without any work plan and staffing profiles on the project. I mean project managers and participants of a project can fill timsheet for their project.

Thanks,
Phani
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

You are Genius!!
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi.
If you need book time for Project level set:
in project setting-->cost and effort-->Time management in Track time at the:Project level.

But if in work plan be any tasks for user1 and user1 boot time in Project level then time booked for all task immidiatly. i.e. if you book 1 h for Project 1 then 1 h set for all your tasks.
Good Luck
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

ok..It means there would be work plan with atleast one summary task. When I tried to fill timesheet at project level. I am not seeing start date and end date as any value for actual? why. can we get actual star date and end date.?
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi. am not seeing start date and end date too.Why? Don't know.
In my company we use task level for all projects.
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

ok..thanks!

Do you know about the option in resource pool where resource pool manager can REMOVE the supplied resource. what is the implications of it if that resource is being assigned to work plan task and timsheet filled against it. what would be the implications of removing of the supplied resource by a resource pool manager?.Is that Remove can be used anytime by resource pool .what is the impact of it on project workload/cost/effort?