The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Program Manager Ids for programs referred in a request type using token?

Highlighted
Phanishwar
Collector

How to get Program Manager Ids for programs referred in a request type using token?

Hi All,

I have a OOTB Program Field with Token :REQ.P.KNTA_PROGRAM_REFERENCE. I have to give access and send notification to all program managers . So I Tried [PRG="[REQ.P.KNTA_PROGRAM_REFERENCE]".PROGRAM_MANAGER] Token . How token is not parsed .

Can Someone Tell, do we have such token that gives program's program manager as we get for project reference?

Pleaes take this on urgent. Thanks for co operation!!!

Thanks,
Phani
4 REPLIES
HimaPV
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to get Program Manager Ids for programs referred in a request type using token?

Hi,

I hope the get_program_managers function in the standard HP package PM_UTILS will work for you. You can pass the program id and get all the program managers name. get these values to a field using a rule.
Phanishwar
Collector

Re: How to get Program Manager Ids for programs referred in a request type using token?

Thanks!!. This will give the program manager user ids stored in the hidden field.

Concern : Hidden Token would be used to send notification and at worklfow security steps. Now if for a program if Program managers are addded/ deleted/ removed from a program . Then in that case the requets referring that program would have older Program Manager id lists.

So I was thinking it would be better to use OOTB Token for Program managers list for referred program as we have for master project reference : [PRJ="[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]".PROJECT_MANAGER]

I tried [PRG="[REQ.P.KNTA_PROGRAM_REFERENCE]".PROGRAM_MANAGER] Token for program manager . however it is not working . Is a know PPM7.1 bug?

Thanks!!

Try this instead [PRG="[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROGRAM_REFERENCE]".PROGRAM_MANAGER]

I successfully used this token in my Program Issue and Program Risk workflow security.

shirish
Occasional Contributor

For the project issues and risks [PRJ="[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]".PROGRAM_MANAGER] worked for us

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event