The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get COLOR output in the excel output of Portlets

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Collector

How to get COLOR output in the excel output of Portlets

Hi,

I have used below HTML code to show color at field level :

'                              ';

Now we are pulling color Data in the portlet using option "SOURCE contains HTML" while defining portlet definition. It shows color in the portlet . Now when I export the portlet into Excel sheet the color is not exported.Please the attached doc for the view of portlet with color and excel output.

Your help is really appreciated!!. we are using PPM 7.1 version. Thanks!!
19 REPLIES
Phanishwar
Collector

Re: How to get COLOR output in the excel output of Portlets

Anyone has come across such issue in their development..Pls put your thoughts!!
Phanishwar
Collector

Is there a option in the html code to allow export color into excel sheet. pls help!!
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi,
for this we use GIFs in the portlet; they are exported to Excel too.
Phanishwar
Collector

I am not familiar with the GIFs ?? I am using PPM 7.1 version. Do you mean Icons?

In my case color at field level is shown by the above html code.

Thansk!!!
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

That's right, all the icons in PPM have the filetype GIF. You could create your own x by y pixils in the color you need (Paint can save as GIF) and use that in the HTML for the portlet. They'll be exported to Excel as well then.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

You can also just use the little Green/Yellow/Red indicators in your portlet column...all these export to Excel, see enclosed.
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks a lot for the help.

we did not go for ICON as there is no Black icon in PPM package.

Having custom image(GIF) , there is challenge that on upgrade it is lost(from server). that need maintenance.correct ?

Is that we can have table/div option in this code that would help?
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Custom files e.g. GIFs are not overwritten when you install a Service Pack. You lose them when upgrading fro 7.x to 8.0 though, as upgrade.exe deletes the folder in /server/
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks!!.

We are process of upgrading our system from 7.1 to 8.0. Is there a way to prevent custom files from loosing them?
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Back them up and after the upgrade put them where they were. It is just the upgrade procedure that deletes the whole folders. We are a using a lot of custom icons as indicators or links in list portlets. After the upgrade I resored these and everyting was fine again.
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks!!..

I am showing color at field level using the html code. Now there are hundreds of project already being created in the tool.

So IF I go for GIF..I can use them directly with DECODE logic in SELECT clause of DATA SOurce to display GIF(GREEN, RED etc) color. right that works?
Phanishwar
Collector

Can you also share html code with GIF image for refrence and what would be the setting of portlet definiation for that.

Thanks for your co operation!!!
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

That would be an example:
Nvl2(prj.project_id, (SELECT Decode(parameter15, 'RED', '/itg/images/pm/Red.gif', 'YELLOW', '/itg/images/pm/Yellow.gif', 'GREEN', '/itg/images/pm/Green.gif', '/itg/images/pm/Blank.gif') FROM kcrt_requests_v req, kcrt_fg_master_proj_ref ref WHERE req.STATUS_CODE = 'IN_PROGRESS' AND req.request_id = REF.request_id AND req.request_type_id = 30893 AND REF.REF_MASTER_PROJECT_ID = prj.project_id), NULL)
In your case you may need to go for InStr additionally, if there is not just the color name (e.g. 'RED') in the parameter column.
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks a lot!!..you are superb..:)
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Also example without images:
decode(ppr.schedule_health_indicator,'GREEN','GREEN','NONE','BLUE','YELLOW','YELLOW','RED','RED')

in data source setting select fields:
column type:Summary Condition/Exeption

in portlet setting:
Column Type:icon

This field export to excel wery fine!!
Good Luck
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks !!..Im my case I have black color also do it support for BLACK Color or some similar color?.

Also in case of stacked bar portlets/ Bar portlets can we have of BARS of own choice. what is need to be included in the sql query?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Example with similar color:
SELECT count(pmp.pfm_request_id) PROJECT_СNT, decode(ppr.schedule_health_indicator,'GREEN','MAGENTA','NONE','Chocolate','YELLOW','PURPLE','RED','RED') wp_health
FROM
itguser.PM_PROJECTS pmp,
itguser.PM_PROJECT_ROLLUP ppr
WHERE
ppr.rollup_id=pmp.rollup_id
group by
decode(ppr.schedule_health_indicator,'GREEN','MAGENTA','NONE','Chocolate','YELLOW','PURPLE','RED','RED')

portlet setting see in attach
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

result in this attach
Phanishwar
Collector

Thanks!!. it works for Bar Colors.

Is that we have only three color red, yellow,green for ICONs? can we have black as icon...I need balck that's the reason I did not went for ICON option in portlet defintation.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event