Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to find last update date of a project work plan

Highlighted
Nitesh Gupta
Regular Contributor.

How to find last update date of a project work plan

I need to find the last update date of the work plans of the projects. We have some tables like wp_tasks, itg_audit_events, pm_work_plans. These tables provide last update date for a work plan. But that data doesn't match with the data that is shown in the project audit trail on the project details page.

Could any one suggest any solution for this problem.
5 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to find last update date of a project work plan

Hi Nitesh,

You can use the last update column of the table WP_TASKS to get the last update on any of the tasks in a project workplan.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Nitesh Gupta
Regular Contributor.

Hi
I have two tables. wp_tasks (last_update_date column) and itg_audit_events (event_date column). The table itg_audit_events is used based on the container1_id column (as work plan id) or entity_id (as project id). While the wp_tasks table is used based on the column work_plan_id.
But the problem is:for some projects I get the work plan update date from one table while for some other projects, it is available in the second table. I am unable to find any appropriate logic to decide which table to be used in what situation.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

By project audit trail on the project details page, You mean to say the Last 'Status' section?(Shown in snap)

If yes, then your workplan and tasks tables is not releted with this data.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Nitesh Gupta
Regular Contributor.

Hi Mahendran

I am talking about the Project Audit Trial. Its link is available on the top left of the Project Details Page. I have attached a snapshot of one Project Audit Trail.
JodieOndrejka
Super Contributor.

The Last Update Date in the PM_WORK_PLANS and in the WP_TASKS table also gets updated by services that run.  We have seen the Last Updated By ID of 1 which is the Admin User.  We are looking to find when the last time the actual PM of the project updated a task.

I've started trying to use the ITG_AUDIT_EVENTS table and using CONTAINER0_ID for the task # and CONTAINER1_ID for the Work Plan #.  The Last Updated By here has the actual PM.  HOWEVER, some of these dates aren't matching what is in the Work Plan Audit Trail.  Where is the Work Plan Audit Trail getting its information?  Is the ITG_AUDIT_EVENTS table the one I really want to use or is there yet another table to look at?

Thanks