Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to find WF step sequence number?

Highlighted
RRK_19
Respected Contributor.

How to find WF step sequence number?

Hi experts,

I have a requirement where i need to move the request from one Workflow step to another.

using "ksc_move_request_workflow" i think this can be acheived. But it requires the following parameters

FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ=""

EVENT_NAME=""

RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE=""

TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="".

Can anyone tell what are the values i need to give (please give in detail) and how to find the WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ number of a particular WF step?

if there are Any other ways to do this, please letr me know...

Thanks,

Roopesh Kumar

5 REPLIES
Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to find WF step sequence number?

Hi Roopesh,

ksc_move_request_workflow can be used to move the workflow from one to another step. Please find below the answers to your queries.

FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ: The sequence number of the step to take action on. This is a required parameter, and should default to the token for the active step of the current request (“[WFS.STEP_NO]”).

The sequence number is written on all the workflow steps just before its name.

EVENT_NAME: There can be many events like Execution_execute, execution_schedul, bypass_execution. For more information on these events, please refer to the attached snapshot for event names.

RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE: The visible value of the desired result value for the workflow action, if applicable. This is the value the user would choose in the user interface while taking action on a workflow, and should default to NULL.

TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ: The sequence number of the desired step to transition to. This should default to NULL. Only used with FORCE_TRANSITION events, otherwise it is ignored.

Please refer to the commands, token and validations guide for more information on this.

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrwal

:: Please click KUDOS and mark as Accepated if this resolves your query..

RRK_19
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Is there any other way for moving requests??  And can we move the request from 'New' status?

Thanks,

Roopesh Kumar

Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

I dont know of any other way of moving the requests furrther.
For moving 'New' requests, you can provide the sequence no of 'New' step of workflow in "FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ"...It would work..

Thanks!
Mohit Agrawal
Chandru
Valued Contributor.

Hi Roopesh,

The WF Step sequence number is nothing but the number that you see in the workflow step. Please find below example for your reference.

ksc_move_request_workflow REQUEST_ID="Request #"
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="Workflow Step# in which the workflow stuck"
EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Result Visible value from the workflow Step# in which the workflow stuck"
TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="Workflow Step# for which you want to move the workflow"

Let me know if any further queries.

Regards,

Chandru

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Minor note: if you are using the Force Transition event, the Result Visible Value does not need to match a defined transition on the step. We use the visible value Manual for this type of move to clearly flag that the transition was not a standard one. The To Step does not need to be one that the workflow normally would transition to. The Force Transition event can, therefore, be used to move a workflow back to an earlier step to reexecute a series of steps.

If you want to follow the defined workflow, use the Approval Vote event and specify the visible value of the desired transition. This assumes one approval is all that is needed. The Force Transition event would override the need for multiple approvals.