Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to distribute and delete modulesfor a end user.

Highlighted
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

How to distribute and delete modulesfor a end user.

Hi,
I am in PPM 7.1 SP5

I need to distibute a created module to all end users, How can I do it, after distributing the module, I need to delete the published module from end users screen. How can I do that?

Which document explains it?

Regards,
Mahendran M
4 REPLIES
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to distribute and delete modulesfor a end user.

Hi Mahendran Muthu,

You can give specific user names in the Read Only Access tab of the "Configure Access" section in the module and save the Module,so that the module pages has been distributed to the users that you have mentioned.If you want to delete the page from the user, you can remove the users from the Read Only Access section.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Another administrator had distributed a page to my screen.

I have no options to delete the module from my screen through Personalize Dashboard. I am getting the following messages in Personalize Dashboard.

A shared Module is not editable.
A shared Page is not editable.
A shared Portlet is not editable.

I went to configure modules, Inside read only access my name is mentioned nowhere. I unchecked a option called 'Allow access to all users'(Which is checked before) and the module disappeared from my screen.

I have one final question, If I want to distribute a module to end users then this 'Configure Access' section is the only way to distribute, Is there is any other option?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Hi Mahendran Muthu,

As far as my knowledge, the "Configure Access" is only way to distribute the module to end users.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.K
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mahendran M