Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to disable request/request reference

Highlighted
Edison Lobos
Frequent Contributor.

How to disable request/request reference

Hi:

I need to disable icon request/request reference. I made a solution for a bussines process in HP PPM where one request type create another  request type. It's very important, the user can't click in the icon reference.

Can anyone help me?

Regards

4 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to disable request/request reference

The References section is core functionality of the Product and not inherently configurable.  Is you requirement to not have the link between the two requests are do really not want show the linkage between the child and the parent?

Edison Lobos
Frequent Contributor.

No Jason, my requirement is no decoupling request reference of request.
TorstenNeumann
Respected Contributor.

Hi Edison,

I hope I understand you correctly: You want to create a relation between two requests that cannot be deleted by the end user? Unfortunately, there is no standard (=officially supported) way to do it. But there are two alternatives anyway which I already implemented at various customer sites.

1) Edit the ./global/ReferencesPanel.jsp to not show the "Delete" button. Of course this means that none of the relations can be removed any more from the web GUI.

2) Create your own relationship type in table KNTA_REF_RELATIONSHIPS_NLS and make sure you set the READ_ONLY_FLAG to N. If you then add the relation using the PL/SQL function KNTA_REFERENCES_TH.PROCESS_ROW() it cannot be edited by the user. It might also work to set the READ_ONLY_FLAG for existing relationships but I never tried that.

Hope this helps.

Torsten

TorstenNeumann
Respected Contributor.

Of course you need to set the READ_ONLY_FLAG to Y.