Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete projects which are having workplan with actuals in PPM 7.1 sp5

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri

How to delete projects which are having workplan with actuals in PPM 7.1 sp5

Hi,

We have to delete some of the projects created in PPM.But when we are are trying to delete the projects and workplan which has actuals associated

What we have planned is, we are going to create custom procedure to delete actuals for projects workplan. so, that we could delete the project without any problem.

Is this the correct way to delete the projects which has actuals or we have any alternate solution?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.
7 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to delete projects which are having workplan with actuals in PPM 7.1 sp5

Hi.
Try this:
1. Select all task
2. Set status "Ready" for all task
3.Delete project

If I login by admin user then I can delete all project whith actuals or not.
Good Luck
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to delete projects which are having workplan with actuals in PPM 7.1 sp5

Hi Shravan,

You can delete the project with actuals using the two options:

1. Admin login or
2. Give the following access grants to the project managers (at least for the time being) for them to delete their project plans with actuals:

1. Project Mgmt: Delete Projects
2. Project Mgmt: Delete Projects with Actuals
3. Also make sure they have the Edit Projects access grant also (which they must be having but for a check).

Here's what will happen when you delete the project with actuals,

1. The project will get deleted from the system permanently.
2. The timesheets that have time logged against these projects will show as 'Deleted' in the Work Item Set field on the Time Sheet.
3. All the hours logged will still show as is.
4. You can then cancel all the timesheets manually or they don't come into any reports or portlets or you can run a simple query in the backend to keep the status of all such timesheets to 'Cancelled'.
5. Once this is done then you should be set.

Creating a custom procedure to first delete actuals from the backend directly could be cumbersome and lot of testing will be required to ensure it does not delete any other required timesheet or project data. Let know if you need more details on the same.
MoteSantosh
Occasional Advisor

Hi Darshan,

I have given all the grants you have mentioned to delete the project with actuals(here actuals means 'actual effort' entered against task), but still I am unable to delete the project, getting the same error.

I have attached the screen shot of error and access grants give as per you say.

waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks
Shravan
victoria loft
Collector

Question, will the users have access to submit time on tne "cancelled" projects if the project line item already exists in a "copied" timesheet from a previous period OR to a line item in a project that exists in their "favorites"?
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hello Shravan,

Not sure right now what's going on with it, and until we figure it out, here's a reverse way to troubleshoot the same, though this will be a little longer process, but will ensure all goes well.

1. Ask the resources of such project plans to login and cancel their individual timesheets for only these project plans.

2. You can also login as the Project Manager and then the PM can cancel all such timesheets for his/her project plan.

3. Once that is done, then you will be able to directly delete the project plan, since there won't be any more actuals in it.

Also, have you tried to delete using the Admin login? Is it still now allowing you to delete the project plans using the Admin id also?
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

This is for Victoria's question:

I think yes if I remember correctly. If a project is deleted and the timesheet line exists, then it allows to submit such time sheet line also when the user submits the timesheet. Did I understood the question correctly or was there something else also to it?
MoteSantosh
Occasional Advisor

Hi Darshan,

With the access grants what you have mentioned we are able to delete the Project, but we are not able to delete only the workplan.

What if, if we want to delete the only workplan Instead of total Project.

Thanks
Shravan
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event