Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to delete old request from ITG Database?

Highlighted
Rash
Respected Contributor.

How to delete old request from ITG Database?

Hi,

Need assistance on PPM again.

We are in process of Housekeeping our PPM Oracle DB as it has reached 99% full causing performance issues.

Can u please help us on how to remove the Old requests that are older than 2 years from DB? And also advice us on the data dependencies and sync issues if we remove the request from Tables.

Thanks in advance,

Rajesh

4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to delete old request from ITG Database?

The only safe way I know of to delete requests is to use the Search Requests page to list the requests you want to delete. You can then use the Select All button followed by the Delete button. It is a manual process that can be a bit painful and you will have to watch that you are not deleting requests that you want to keep.

Deleting contents of tables is very risky as the table structure is rather complex and it would be easy to miss stuff or delete extra stuff. Note, too, that the table structure changes with the release level, too.

Rash
Respected Contributor.

nks for the Note Jim.

But unfortunatly we use version 6.0 :( so i couldnt find the select all and delete option in this version... is there any other option??

Thanks,

Rajesh

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

We upgraded from 6.0 a year and a half ago so my memory is faded on how this worked. I believe the search request page did not change a lot, though. My suggestion would be to run a search for all requests opened or last modified in a specific time window, select the ones to be deleted and delete them. We used this basic method to delete open requests when refreshing our preproduction instance from production.

There is a specific access grant you need in order to see the delete requests button. I believe it is Manage Requests.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can user ITG 6.0 web services to Delete a Request. More details can be found in ITG_v6.0-SOA_pdf document.

More specifically, you can use Demand Management-> Delete Request web service to accomplish your task.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)