Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to delete ITG from database

Highlighted
swaroop.nani
Respected Contributor.

How to delete ITG from database

Hi,

When we create a ITG, it gets updated in many tables of PPM.

Could any one please tell me what all tables need to updated to delete an ITG from database?
5 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to delete ITG from database

Simplest way to do it will be to just enable the DELETE capability for admin through WB for that RT in User access and then Delete the request using Delete button under Status section. That should automatically remove all records for that request from PPM Tables.
-Raj
swaroop.nani
Respected Contributor.

Hi Raj,

User has that option, but when ever he tries to update the request with some data or process to next step the following error is occured, that is reason we want to delete it from backend.

"One or more references in this Request is being updated by another database session. Please try again later. (KCRT-40186) "
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Have you raised this issue with HP Support yet? They should be able to give you proper answer.
I wonder if any report or execution command has somehow locked the data. We used to have a lot of issues with table locking in 5.5.
But I would have thought that you should be able to delete the request using the admin Delete option. I know I have had similar issue few years ago but just not sure how I took care of it. Plus we had a lot more custom tables for the request for customizations.
May be you just want to Cancel the Request using script like below.
-----
UPDATE KCRT_REQUESTS
SET status_id=4 , status_code='CANCELLED'
where
request_id in ()
----
Alan Delimon
Super Contributor.

If you want to *delete* the requests from the DB entirely, you can use the open interface to do it.

Check out the KWFL_TXN_INT package in the clm schema.
Alan Delimon
Super Contributor.

Sorry, I meant clm.KWFL_workflow_engine