How to close project from request

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Edoardo Spelta_
Respected Contributor.

How to close project from request

Hello,
on PPM7.5 i have a request workflow which contains a subworkflow that creates a project using ksc_create_project.

The request workflow, after entering the subworkflow and creating the project, should suspend and wait for the project to be completed in order to proceed forward.

is there a way for the request to "realize" that the project it spawned was completed, in order to make it proceed further ?

4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How to close project from request

Hello Edoardo,
not out of the box, you would need to have custom execution step (e.g. SQL) that checks the status of the project. From that step have a transition to the next in the WF if project is completed and if not a timeout loop transition back to the execution step itself.
Edoardo Spelta_
Respected Contributor.

Can you give me a hint on the relationship between a request and a project ?

as far as i see table pm_projects contains all the projects and their IDs, while [REQ.] token seems not to contain any reference to projects (i thought REQ.PROJECT_CODE but it does not seem to match with project_id)
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Edoardo,
are you using the master project reference fieldgroup on your request? Then you can find the relation in the table kcrt_fg_master_proj_ref. I think using this field group is best practice for all requests referencing a project and not being a project details request of any project type.
hth
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Edoardo,

If like Sascha says you use the master project reference fieldgroup on your request then the related project's token would be
[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]