How to check notification by field values

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

How to check notification by field values

Hi ,

We have to send notification based on a field value . In addition to that user wants to control notification by checking a radio button field . If Radio Field is Y, then notification would go by the wf STEP , else not. is it possible in 7.1.

Thanks,
Phani
6 REPLIES
Sachin M
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to check notification by field values

Hi Phani,

This is very much possible. You need to create notification on the request type itself. Open PPM's workbench--> Demand management--> open the request type --> notificaiton tab. Here you can configure the notifications on field valus change.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Regards
SM

Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Good Day.

In this notificaiton tab allow only 10 standard field. If you need send notif depend on value from custom field you need create rule wich change value on standard (this 10)field and create notification wich send depend of value from standard field.
In you need more inf i can attash screens.
Good Luck
Phanishwar
Honored Contributor.

Hi Everyone ,

Thanks!!.

Let me explain what excatly I need . Suppose we have three steps in the workflow. All three steps send notification . Now What I need is that IF there is a way to control i.e switch on /off the notification depending on the Notification setting in the PPM or by using a field value Y/N. Such that same WF steps can be used to send notification sometime and sometime not!! Sth diff freom Field level notification...Let me know if it is not clear?
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

If this is the case, Copy the existing set of WF Steps into new steps.

You can have mail configured in the Original step and mail not configured in the other and you have to keep the execution step before every set.

You can have a Yes/No drop down before every step that has the notification include a Execution step to control your flow.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Good Day.
You don't need create WF step for sending mail if field change. You need create notif rule from request type notification tab(detail see in my previouse reply)
Good Luck
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can set up the notification with the recipients specified by a User Defined Token. Use a hidden field on the request that is set or cleared by rules. You can specify an individual, an email address or a security group. If the field is clear, no notification is sent.