The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change work week hours for different types of resources

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
kev marks
Regular Collector

How to change work week hours for different types of resources

Hello,

We have full time employees who work 40 hrs and week and part time people who work 20.
How do i set up the resource so that the different capacities are reflected.
We are using Resource Mgmt and it counts everyone the same way, with 40 hours.

But in the case of a part time employee they only have a capactiy of 20 hours.

I looked in setting up a new Calendar for part timer users, but then I couldnt see how to associate then to that new calendar (which contains the work week info)

7.1 SP4

Thanks
Kevin
3 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: How to change work week hours for different types of resources

Hi Kevin,

You can associate the part time employees with the new calendar for part timers using the Regions. This will be a bit manual, but should resolve the issue.

Here's how you can do it,

1. Create a new Regional Calendar with the settings you need (i.e. say 4 hours per day, so 20 hours per week).

2. Go Resource Management > Search Resources > then select all the resources having part time > click on Modify Checked Resources button > then choose the region having part time calendar > Save/Done.

That should be it and you should be set. If there are any other issues you have associated with it or if it does not work then let know.
Johannes Y
Regular Collector

Hi Kevin,

In our case everyone uses the same calendar and we use the Resource pool to indicate the workhours. In other words a half-time employee would have 50% of his/her time as unallocated and 50% dedicated to one Resource pool.

In regards to having multiple calendars, does that not force you to have multiple regions for the same country (as I dont know how to connect the calendar otherwise). In addition there could be a lot of holiday days to manage if you are in one of the regions where HP does not provide the holiday schedule, and having multiple calendars.

I agree though that either config is full satisfactory though and I would preffer to be able to indicate workhours per individual and not only through the calendar.

Regards,

Johannes
kev marks
Regular Collector

Darshan,
I have gotten it to a point that will work based on you feedback.

Johannes,
In your example if you use the Analyze Assignment Load portlet you will see the full 100% of the hours showing up, instead of the 50%.
For example if the normal is 40 hrs week, and you put a person in the pool for 50%, which whould be 20 hours, in the AAL portlet it will show
the person with 40 hours available, So the extra 20 hrs looks like they shouldl be working but dont have any work to do (Allocations).

Thanks for the help
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event