Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to change logon text from Project and Portfolio<br>Management Center to something else?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

How to change logon text from Project and Portfolio<br>Management Center to something else?

Hi,

I need to change some texts on logon page.

I've found out that  I can change the PPM text from 

select * from KNTA_I18N_RESOURCES_NLS where key='PPM_LOGON_TITLE.TXT

but it doesn't work?

Is this the right place to change?

Or may be  I am doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

TM

14 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to change logon text from Project and Portfolio<br>Management Center to something else

Hi TM,

the right place to change the login page is described, as any change to the interface, in the Customize Interface guide, downloadable from the manuals section.

I've attached the guide for 9.1 - you didn't give the info which version you are on.

The section most likely interesting you is Page 27 - Enhancing the Logon Page.

Best regards,

Dirk

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to change logon text from Project and Portfolio<br>Management Center to something else

Sorry my fault, PPM v8.03
I've gone through the customize interface guide and managed to change some pics but failed in changing the text
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi TM,

did you check a bit further on as well?

Page 34:

If your site includes multiple PPM Center instances, it may be desirable to include identification of the instance in the banner. For example, if you have both a Test and Production instance, you might want the Test instance to be readily distinguishable from the Production instance.

The simplest way to accommodate this is to modify the

CorporateBrand.gif file that appears in the blue ribbon of the banner and make the changes as detailed in Chapter 2, Branding Your Instance, on page15.

Let me know what EXACTLY what you are trying to change. In my view, the guide covers the possible details of the login page.

Best regards,

dirk

dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi TM,

hmm, on second look , the later post might not be the right one. Still though, I really believe that we'll get the solution posted here.

Please also be sure of having done the following:

Every time you change a jsp file you have to restart the server and recompile the jsp files. Follow these steps: 1) Delete cookies and cache from your browser 2) Delete Java temporary files from Java Control Panel (optional). 3) Stop PPM Server 4) Delete “tmp” and “work” folders and it’s subfolders from /server/ (apply this to all nodes) 5) Run kJSPCompiler.sh command from /bin folder 6) Restart PPM Server 7) Run kRunCacheManager.sh with option A command from /bin folder. For your second question: There is no way to do this from workbench or even PPM itself.

Best regards,

Dirk

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Dirk,

It didn't work. 

I've attched an JPEG file and the text I would like to change is in red square. 

Regards

TM

dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI TM,

I'm sure that this is one of the corporate brand gifs described on page 19.

<PPM_Home>/server/<PPM_ ServerName>/deploy/itg.war/ images/common/ CorporateBrand.gif 

<PPM_Home>/server/PPM_ ServerName>/deploy/itg.war/web/knta/global/images/en/ CorporateBrand.gif 

<PPM_Home>/pdf/images/ CorporateBrand.gif

You have to play a bit with those files to catch the right one, either first or second - check the formatting in the file, but I bet it's one of them. I'M sure I've had this request before but I'm currently too busy to dig this up, sorry.

Best regards,

Dirk

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

The text you want to replace is generated by the following line in Logon.jsp:

<td style="padding-top: 175px; padding-right: 25px; padding-bottom: 25px;" nowrap><span class="ppmTitle"><%=localeCtrl.getValue("PPM_LOGON_TITLE.TXT", pageContext)%> </span></td>

We changed the text by simply placing the desired text in this line instead of having it call a function to extract the text from a table:

<td align="right" style="padding-top: 175px; padding-right: 25px; padding-bottom: 25px;" nowrap><span class="ppmTitle"> New title goes here</span></td>

In order to get this change activated, we only had to stop and restart the instance. We are running 7.5 SP7.  When we changed a gif file, we did need to clear the browser cache.

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Jim,

I've PROD environment working in 7.5 SP7 and I've changed the text your way.

But, the same thing doesn't work with 8.03.

Regards

TM

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi TurboMan,

Instead of changing the JSP, you can modify the .propoerty file.

Go to <ROOT>/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/resources/wb

Open - KEXP_Resources.properties

Search this in the file - PPM_LOGON_TITLE.TXT = Project and Portfolio<br>Management Center

Modify it accordin to your request. 

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Hi ,

Thanks for the tips.

Just to make sure,

I've stpped the PPPM instance, I've compiled jsp files, update HTM and cleaned the cache.

But didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

TM

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

You could try deleting the contents of the work and tmp directories for each node. The unmodified version of the page may be cached there.

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Jim,

I  upgraded IE version from 6-8 as well and deleted all tmp files, but no luck.

Regards

TM

Nick Bucher
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Hi TM,

I think you have to put the edited resource file in following directory (probably you have to create the classes directory)

...\deploy\itg.war\WEB-INF\classes

By the way, this is also a good place to "replace" original class file with modified ones.

Or if you prefere the way to edit the jsp files, I suggest to set on a dev/test stage the development flag in the file ..\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\conf\web.xml to true:

<init-param>
         <param-name>development</param-name>
         <param-value>true</param-value>
      </init-param>

Then you don't have to clean the work / temp directory or restart the PPM service to test the changes.

Anyway, I think if you just change css, pictures you only need to clean the browser cache on client side.

Regards

Kintana

Deep Mehta
Respected Contributor.

Here is a simple way to do this. Works for PPMC 8.0 and 9.1 versions. 

*Always remember to backup your files.

*Stop PPM

1. Open Logon.jsp

2. Search for text:

"<span id="PPM_LOGON_TITLE.TXT" class="ppmTitle"><%=localeCtrl.getValue("PPM_LOGON_TITLE.TXT", pageContext)%> </span></td>"

3. Replace the above code with this:

<span class="ppmTitle">Your Custom Title Here</span></td>

4. If you are on a cluster, update Logon.jsp for each server/node

5. Delete work and temp folders

5. Run sh kJSPCompiler.sh Logon.jsp

6. Start PPM

Cheers,

Deep