The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call custom JSP or JAVA file with in workflow execution step

Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri

How to call custom JSP or JAVA file with in workflow execution step

Hi,

I want to execute custom JSP or JAVA file with in workflow execution step. Is it possible to call Java class with in the workflow.If so, Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.
8 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to call custom JSP or JAVA file with in workflow execution step

Hello Shravan,
you should be able to do so using the special command "ksc_local_exec java ..."
Regards
Sascha
Greg_Shrout
Collector

I don't see ksc_local_exec_java, we only have the ksc_local_exec. We're on 6.0; is this a 7.x feature? Thanks!
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Shravan, that's the right command ksc_local_exec. After the command you enter the executable you want to run. To execute a java file you need the runtime (on windows it would be java.exe or simply java) and then append the path to the java class like "/path2class/someclass".
hth
Regards
Sascha
Mamta_1
Super Collector

Hi Sascha,

I am also trying to achieve the same.

To run a JSP report through an execution step.
My report JSP is ProjectStatus6.JSP.

what exacltly should I specify in the special command?

Regards,
Mamta
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
I am not an expert in Java programming, but I would say a JSP generates HTML content for display. The workflow execution happens on the server though, so even if your are able to save the generated HTML somewhere on the server, you will still need to populate the a field on the request with a link to that HTML, so that a user can access it.
The workflow engine and the report engine work differently. In one of our request types (project details request type) we populate a field on page load with appropriate links to reports, so the user can easily access them. Such a link looks like this:
http://ppm-host.int.lidl.net/itg/web/knta/rpt/ReportDetails.jsp?REPORT_TYPE=5.18.30634.Proj-Statusbericht&REPORT_TYPE=5.18.30634.Proj-Statusbericht&IS_WINDOID=Y&projectCodeString=6.26.177732.%C3%9Cbersetzung%20HP%20PPM%208.0%20MLU
You can use them pretty much anywhere, we do in portlets, menus and request types.
Mamta_1
Super Collector

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for the quick response.
My problem is to run the JSP which I am still not able to do.

The second step would be to show the Report output with the link.

I would like to know the syntax of the special command for running the JSP.

Regards,
Mamta
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Mamta,
there is a command 'ksc_run_java'. It is in the "Run License Usage Report' (and some other seeded reports). I have never used it personally and I don't know if it will work outside of a report definition. But you can see the syntax there:
ksc_run_java com.kintana.core.server.execution.CvtFileNameToLowerCaseCommand '[AS.REPORT_DIR][RP.FILENAME].html'
Mayby you can store the result of its execution in a field on the request.
Regards
Sascha
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

Hi,
Where could i find a list of the java functions available at com.kintana.core.server.execution..
I 'm looking for a java function which allows me to create a Staffing profile snapshot.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event