Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow selection of specific multiple participants to act on a workflow step

Highlighted
lester000
Occasional Advisor

How to allow selection of specific multiple participants to act on a workflow step

Hello,

How do i allow selection of specific multiple participants that will be acting on the next workflow step?

Let's say pre-implementation phase, i have several implementation teams (depending onwhat system will be involved in implementing a particular request) in option. How do i configure dynamic selection of multiple participants across different implementation teams?

Infrastructure Team                Database Team                Development Team

-Infra 1                                    -DBA1                               -Dev1

-Infra 2                                    -DBA2                               -Dev2

-Infra 3                                    -DBA3                               -Dev3

Let's assume that I want to select Infra1, DBA2, and Dev3 to do the implementation for this request... In effect, the request will be activated to the selected participants along with an email notification that they are assigned to this request....

how do i configure this in ppm?

Thanks in advance!

Lester

4 REPLIES
Sangliraja1
Super Collector

Re: How to allow selection of specific multiple participants to act on a workflow step

Hi Lester,

Not sure i have got your requirement.

My Understanding is that there are group of users. When a request is created user select the groups that needs to work on the request. If this is the case, create as many security groups depending on number of groups u have, in this case 9 groups. In RT, allow users to select the group for Infra, DB and DEV manually. Additionally u can always give some description and may be some users from the group to be part of the selection information for user to decide which group to be selected. Once selected and submitted, u can use the same field in workflow security and notifications also.

If my understanding is not correct, do put some more info for my understanding.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P

lester000
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to allow selection of specific multiple participants to act on a workflow step

Hi Sangiliraja,

Your understanding is correct...  but just to clear out the details...

Infrastructure Team, Database Team, Development Team  are the defined Security Groups in ppm.

Infra1, Infra 2, Infra 3 = members of security group Infrastructure Team

DBA1, DBA2 DBA3 = members of security group Database Team

Dev1,Dev2, Dev3 = members of security group Development Team

my objectives are:

1. Allow selection of multiple participants from different security groups on a particular workflow step

2. The selected participants should be able to act on the request after selection

I need to select specific users from specific security groups at a specific workflow step

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks.

Lester

Avrille
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lester,

I am also not sure of your requirement. When you create a field there is Multi-Select Enabled property that when you specify 'Yes', allow you to select multiple values for your field then you can add the token in your workflow security.

I am not sure if this is what your looking for. :-(
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lester,

I have just answer it below topic:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/How-to-allow-selection-of-specific-multiple-participants-to-act/m-p/5738517/highlight/false

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please KUDOS the professionals and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event