Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add an ownership to a security group entity

Highlighted
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

How to add an ownership to a security group entity

Hi all,
I would like to run a SQL script in order to set the ownsership of 120 security groups. How could I do this?

I already create a SQL script for inserting some rows into the knta_entity_security table. But, i can't see (using the workbench) those new values for each groups.( even after refreshing the PPM cache)
Regards,
12 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: How to add an ownership to a security group entity

Hi Jerome,
Please see whether you have update the table which has 'Only groups listed below that have the "Edit Security Group" Access Grant'
Radio button have been updated.

Remember the security group ID which you are Inserting should have "Edit Security Group" Access Grant.

Even after this if you dont see the changes, see if there are any other associated tables. Thank you

Regards,
Mahendran M
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

Hi,
Yes, I'm using the 'PPM Admin User' (provided with PPM) group as ownership security group . It should work. I checked manually by adding this group as an ownership group to another security group .
In the meantime , I need to create 160 security groups to another customer site. So I thought to use a SQL script which 'll create the security group and which 'll add the 'PPM admin user' group as ownership group . I ran the script in order to create only one security group. The new security group is available in the Database but it's not available from the workbench.
I cleared the cache (kRunCacheManager.sh A) I also restarted PPM, But I can't see this new group into the workbench.
Maybe I have to update another PPM table. Which table?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Insert Into KNTA_SECURITY_GROUPS values (102474, 39523,sysdate,39523,sysdate,sysdate,'Test by Mahen','Test by Mahen','N','N','Y','Y','Y','Y','','','',
'','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','Y','Y','Y')

I am not clear.
I found the maximum Security_GROUP_ID from KNTA_SECURITY_GROUPS Table, I got 102474, and I added +1 manually and tried to insert a record into KNTA_SECURITY_GROUPS Table. The security group got created, I can see it in front end.

Kindly let me know if I miss anything.

Regards,
Mahendran M
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

I agree with you, but I would want to use a package provided with PPM. I think that the workbench uses the knta_security_groups_th.process package.
Did you try it? (I used it on my script enclosed to this update)
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

It could be a SQL session issue.
I restarted PPM and I couldn't see my new security group created with my script.
Maybe, I have to stop/start Oracle.
I can't try it rigth now but I 'm gonna try this later.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I gone into a existing security group and added a Ownership for that security group,
I gone to the 'knta_entity_security' table.

Select * from KNTA_ENTITY_SECURITY where security_group_id=30683

I found '0' rows returned. so KNTA_ENTITY_SECURITY does not hold the ownership information.

Will soon get back to you with the correct Name.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

The Package worked for me without any issues, I am able to see the security group without clearing cache or server re-start.

Regards,
Mahendran M
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

Of course,
Into the knta_entity_security table, the field security_group_id is the id of the security group that you add to the ownership tab of your existing security group .
look at the entity_value field of this table which is the security_group_id of your existing security group.
Or, you also count the number of rows to this table before and after adding an ownsership group.
Regards,
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

Oh, sorry, my previous update was an answer for your update: Aug 5, 2009 12:52:04 GMT .
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

Regarding your last update (Aug 5, 2009 12:57:52 GMT ). Im' happy to read it.

Do you mean that the new security group has been created , and it contains an ownership group ?
Regards,
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Yes It has the Ownership Security Group 'ITG User Admin'

Regards,
Mahendran M
jerome.vovard
Regular Collector

Ok thanks,
Here is the script to delete your new security group with is ownership link.
It's strange in my environment. I'm gonna check it later.
Regards,
Thank you for your help.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event