Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to add all to Time Sheet Line Status?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

How to add all to Time Sheet Line Status?

Hi,

In Approve time sheets portlet , is it possible to change the Time Sheet Line Statuse, I mean adding all available choices.

I tried to explain as attached the jpegs.

1.jpeg: The portler

2.jpeg: pops up values when I click on Time Sheet Line Status lookup, I want it to show the remaning items such as Cancelled, Closed, Unsubmited etc. 

Regards

TM

6 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to add all to Time Sheet Line Status?

Hi Turbo,

what you are looking at is a decision step as per Workflow transitions that allows you to either approve or reject the timesheet line. The status' that you reference are just that and might be a result of your decision but have nothing to do with the workflow step except maybe being a result of that decision.

Thus I'm not sure what your goal is regarding your question.

Maybe you can elaborate on that.

Best regards,

Dirk

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Pardon me,

I've just relized that I attached the wrong pics.

Regards

TM

dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Turbo,

you won't se unsubmittted timesheets because they are not subject to the decision step at that point, neither will you see closed or cancelled status because they are either past that decision or will never get there. That's that background reason why this is set up that way.

I would assume that the status that are available are subject to some seeded validation that you might or might not find in the workbench validation section but I haven't checked. Since it's seeded, it wouldn't be advisable to change it but could possibly be done by adding the codes - not sure.

Best regards,

Dirk

dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Turbo,

found it.

The main validation is the following:

TM - Time Sheet Line Statuses

Based on that, there is a validation called:

TM - Time Sheet Line Statuses Restricted.

This last validation queries the first one but restricts the results returned to the ones with the code 2, 3 and 4 which are the ones you see in the ACL.

The query behind the validation is the following:

select c.lookup_code, c.meaning from knta_lookups c where c.lookup_type='TM - Time Sheet Line Statuses'
          and c.lookup_code in ('2', '3', '4')
          order by c.seq

As expected, the data is seeded and shouldn't be edited. Maybe someone else can help you with a workaround.

Best regards,

Dirk

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Dirk,

Just a quick question, is it possible to change the validation on the screen with something  similiar one such as 

TM - Time Sheet Line Statuses ?

Regards

TM

dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI Turbo,

it may well be possible, BUT I don't know where it is set that if you open up this field exactly this validation will be used. Even copying the seeded validation and modifying it to accomodate to your needs is no real issue, but don't ask me how to use it where you need it. Maybe someone else can assist on that point.

Have fun.

Best regards,

Dirk