Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Stop Reminder Notifications

Highlighted
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

How to Stop Reminder Notifications

Any Suggestion on how we can Stop Reminder Notifications from being sent out from a WF step ?

The problem is: we can neither move the request to next step nor cancel the request at this time. We just need to stop the Reminder emails.
I tried changing the Reminder_flag to "N" on the last notification record for the notification on KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_PARENTS but didn't help :-(

Will appreciate any suggestion I can get.

Thanks.

-Raj

6 REPLIES

Re: How to Stop Reminder Notifications

Probably not recommended by HP, but here is the SQL that I used:

Update kwfl_step_transactions

set timeout_date = NULL

where workflow_step_id = <your workflow_step_id>

You would need to determine which workflow step ID you are using, and I recommend testing prior to making update in PD.  Above was specific to my workflow.

Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Thanks  

You would need to run this for each workflow step ID.  I am guessing you have one or many workflow step IDs related to your request type.  You would need to execute for each workflow_step_id for your request type where you no longer want to see the reminders.  This will only work if your notification came from a workflow step.  If you set the reminder based on a field update on the notifications tab of your request type, I doubt this will work.

Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

I think I was not clear enough.

We just want to stop Reminder Notification going out for one Request Number in particular. We still want this functionality to work when some other similar requests face similar situations. I don't think your suggestion helps me here, will it ?

-Raj

If you query the table, you should see your request ID in one of the following fields:

INSTANCE_SOURCE_ID, TOP_INSTANCE_SOURCE_ID, TOP_INSTANCE_SOURCE_SET_ID

Our request IDs are in all three of these fields.

Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Thanks  

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event