Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reconfirm page depending on a field has value or NULL

Highlighted
Phanishwar
Collector

How to Reconfirm page depending on a field has value or NULL

Hi ,

I have a business requirement in which we have three fields called RR1 Plan,RR2 Plan and RR3 Plan and respectively RR1 Actual ,RR2 Actual and RR3 Actual. Now at one Decision step of the workflow we have reconfirm page i.e if RR1 Plan has value and rest no value then one time reconfirm page shold come with RR1 Plan and RR1 Actual field required on it.Like that if RR1 and RR2 plan both has value then either two time reconfirm page shou come or reconfirm page should have RR1 ,RR2 plan and actual (4 fields) .Same if RR1 and RR2 and Rr3 Plan has values then three reconfirm page with 2 each field or one reconfirm page with All RR Plans and Actuals( (3 RR plan and 3 RR Actual).

Please you quick response is really appreciated.

Thanks,
phanishwar
15 REPLIES
Phanishwar
Collector

Re: How to Reconfirm page depending on a field has value or NULL

These are Date fields.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I am not exactly not clear on your requirements, Do you mean to say that a page should re-confirm if a date value is null?

If so I don't think PPM works to re-confirm NULL Values.

Does all the date field always editable through out the workflow? Are you not locking it down as you progress in the workflow?

If you explain the scenario, We can do some workarounds, I don't think 'Re-Confirm' is an ideal solution.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Collector

Reconfirm has to be if Fields have value.For NULL no Re confirm.

In the workflow at one step we have to make sure that if all three RR Plan has value then on the reconfirm page We should have all three Actuals(required) where user has to fill actuals value to move next step.

Like if two Rr Plan the two RR actual Field to be on re confirm page.Same for one RR Plan.

I think this could be possible by three decision steps for each three scenario then reconfirm .we can have funtion which will decide which decidon step next for diffrent cases.

However is it possible that we can have multiple reconfirm pages one after another in PPM. I mean first reconfirm page will have RR1 two fields next immediate next RR2 fields(if RR1 Plan has value),then immediate next re confirm page will have RR3 Plan and Actual fields(if RR3 plan has value).If suppose RR3 Plan does not have value the third reconfirm would not be their.
Phanishwar
Collector

I have one decision step then next to it I have one execution step.Now this execution step points to three other decision step.My question is : can we reconfirm three pages each one before their decision steps.

In other way I have one decision step->execution step1-> execution step2->decison step2. Can we reconfirm at execution step2 by putting status over it.?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I am not sure whether the re-confirm will work at Execution step level, Give a try.

But it will definitely works if you use a 'OR' or 'AND' step.

Use 'AND' or 'OR' conditional step immediately after decision step, Not after Execution step. Thats the limitation.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Collector

I have tried reconfirm using execution step just after decision step..cant we reconfirm between a execution step and decision step?
Phanishwar
Collector

you can reconfirm using exe step also.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

If you want it to be done in between a execution step and a decision step, You need to have a Status.... For defining that status you need a WF Step.

For that WF Step, Kindly put a OR Step as shown in the snap.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

And kindly use a distict status for that OR Step, by this way you can apply the reconfirm.

Make sure that the OR step comes after Decision step, not after the execution step.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Collector

I am not able to open the attachment.can you send it in .doc format.

You mean exe step->OR(one status)->Decision step.Then reconfirm can work?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Nope Decision Step -> OR -> Execution step.

Doc format is attached.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Collector

ok..thx!

My requiremet is that : the exe step has a fucntion call that decide the next decision step which could be ...so I want when it cross the exe step which call function then a reconfirm page should come and then land next decision step. is that possible?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Does your function call does an update to the field for which you need to perform 'Reconfirm'?

Why I am asking this because, Whether it be a execution step or a 'OR' step, End user will have no access. So it makes no great difference as do it before or after.

You mean to say that one path needs the re-confirm to be checked and another path does not need this re-confirm to be checked?

If this is the case then use 'Decision -> Execution -> OR'... I hope it will not work, but you can give a try, because in 7.1 it does not work, May be HP fixed in your version.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Collector

it does not perform update.but the need is after the execution step decide to go next decision step have to reconfirm the page..each path has reconfirm....mine is also 7.1 version...so not possible it means...

Thanks !!
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I have not used this re-confirm Extensively, Please check up with 'Decision -> Execution -> OR'.

If it does not work, Please raise a HP Support ticket, They may have some instant off patch which you can apply.

I will try to find if some workaround work when I get some time in the weekends.
Thank you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event