Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to Import an Object Type using file system?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

How to Import an Object Type using file system?

Hi,

I've developped a WF in my DEV environment and need to move it to th TEST environment.

In the DEV env, I've exported using KINTANA_SERVER environment which saves to <PPM_HOME>\transfers directory.

Then copy crossed the exported files to TEST env.

And tried to import from file system but no luck.

When I try to choose the Content bundle directory I get the attached error.

Is there any way to choose the exported files from local directory to import?

Thanks in advance

Regards

TM

5 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to Import an Object Type using file system?

Hi,

I think there is something missing in your environment definition. Check if host name is defined in your environment in PPM. Before Any operation, check that the environment is properly defined, including ssh access and database access via tns. Make sure you use the check function in the environment to make sure everything is ok.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi TM,

seems to me that the error-messageyou are rreceiving is due to the fact that you are trying to open the directory bundle on the destination host without adding the credentials in PPM dest field. Do that first, THEN try to open the bundle directory.

Why not specify the destination host environment on the source environment, that way you specify the destination when initiating the transport while being logged to the source environment. That's what the deployment management module is there for...

Best regards,

Dirk

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Dirk,

I don't know how to add the credentials in PPM dest field.

Due to the security policy, we are not allowed to have connections between servers so I cannot deploy between two servers we are not allowed to do that.

That's why I have to import using the file system.

Any help is appreciated, otherwise I have to redesign the WF on the other side, this sounds weard.

Regards

TM

DirkRehmeier
Valued Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

for the execution step running the migration (even only the import) you have to define the Dest Environment information. See attachment.

You can run the import from command line with the bin/kMigrator.sh script.

The easiest way is to run an import on the DEV looking in the appropriate LOG-File, copy the ZIP to TEST and run the same command from command line.

Here the parameter for kMigrator.sh (running from <ITG_HOME>):

bash bin/kMigratorImport.sh -username %USERNAME% -password %PASSWORD% -action %ACTION% -filename %FILENAME% -i18n none -flags %FLAGS% -unescapeUnicode Y

For FLAGS you have to use the following 19 character string of N (No) and Y (Yes) for the options:

,------------------- [FLAG_REPLACE_OBJECT_TYPE]          Replace existing object type?
|,------------------ [FLAG_REPLACE_REQUEST_TYPE]         Replace existing request type?
||,----------------- [FLAG_REPLACE_REQUEST_HEADER_TYPE]  Replace existing req hdr type?
|||,---------------- [FLAG_REPLACE_SPECIAL_COMMAND]      Replace existing special cmds?
||||,--------------- [FLAG_REPLACE_VALIDATION]           Replace existing validations?
|||||,-------------- [FLAG_REPLACE_WORKFLOW]             Replace existing workflow?
||||||,------------- [FLAG_REPLACE_REPORT_TYPE]          Replace existing report type?
|||||||,------------ [FLAG_REPLACE_WORKPLAN_TEMPLATE]    Replace existing wp template?
||||||||,----------- [FLAG_REPLACE_WF_STEP_SOURCE]       Replace existing step sources?
|||||||||,---------- [FLAG_ADD_ENVIRONMENT]              Add missing environments?
||||||||||,--------- [FLAG_ADD_SECURITY_GROUP]           Add missing security groups?
|||||||||||,-------- [FLAG_ADD_REQUEST_STATUS]           Add missing request statuses?
||||||||||||,------- [FLAG_REPLACE_PORTLET]              Replace existing overview page section?
|||||||||||||,------ [FLAG_REPLACE_USER_DATA_CONTEXT]    Replace existing user data context?
||||||||||||||,----- [FLAG_REPLACE_PORTLET_DEF]          Replace existing portlet definition?
|||||||||||||||,---- [FLAG_REPLACE_MODULE]               Replace existing module?
||||||||||||||||,--- [FLAG_REPLACE_DATA_SOURCE]          Replace existing data source?
|||||||||||||||||,-- [FLAG_REPLACE_PROJECT_TYPE]         Replace existing project type?
||||||||||||||||||,- [FLAG_REPLACE_SUB_WORKFLOW]         Replace existing sub workflow?
|||||||||||||||||||
NNNNNNNNNNYYNNNNNNN

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Dirk

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Dirk,

That's what I needed.

Regards

TM