Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How long should Cygwin shell start command run?

Highlighted
Sametria Holt
Regular Contributor.

How long should Cygwin shell start command run?

My PPM database was recently upgraded and I got a new license file and I stopped the server to install. Now when I restart it using the sh kStart.sh command, it runs forever. If I exit out of it, my application completely shuts down, yet its been going for over an hour now. Is it normal for it to run this long? How can I exit cygwin without killing my application? We are using cygwin in a Windows environment.
6 REPLIES
Andrea Loi
Super Contributor.

Re: How long should Cygwin shell start command run?

Good morning,

I understand that you did not change anithing in PPM (same version, same server, ...) and you just upgraded the Oracle version.
If yes, why did you get a new license file?

Which version of PPM are you using?

Did you update the Oracle connection string/users/passwords by kConfig?

I experienced that sometimes a JAVA Process is not really stopped (in PPM 7.5 and PPM 8) when stopping PPM server: try killing Java processes by Task Manager.

What happens if you start PPM by Windows services?

At the very end I can just suggest you to check the LOG file

I hope it's useful (please, let me know)
Andrea

Sametria Holt
Regular Contributor.

I had to get a new license file because we needed more license for our app. The db was upgraded and refreshed from another environment, so I had to run the kConfig to chnage the password. We're on version 7.5.
Sametria Holt
Regular Contributor.

When i try to stop it using Windoes services I get an apache error and it won't restart.
Daniel Galvez
Super Contributor.

Hi All,

Does you upgrade/update your Java version? It seems that you have problems with your java, not with your cygwin.

I'm attaching a sh.exe try it(keeping your original version)

Kind Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Galvez
Super Contributor.

Hi Sametria Holt,

Remember that PPM 7.5 with SP 6 or newer needs java 1.6 and for that you have to re-install the server of PPM with the new java home...
You have to go to the /bin directory:
and execute "ksvc remove-all" then
execute "ksvc install-all"

Kind regards,
Daniel
Vibhor Dwivedi
Super Contributor.

Did u check server logs on machine? May be those logs can throw some light on problem.