The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you rename a project in PPM 7.1

Highlighted
Lenn Kano
Occasional Contributor

How do you rename a project in PPM 7.1

We are upgrading from version 6 to 7.1 and I have two questions:

1. How do you rename a project in 7.1 i have exposed the project name field in the project request, but when i change it, sometimes the name change flows to the project, but most times not. they all use the same project type.

2. How is the project status derived? It does not appear to have anything to do with the project plan nor the project request.
9 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you rename a project in PPM 7.1

Changing the name in Project request should change the name in Workplan.

For this you have to save the request once.

If the project name does not update even after clicking the Save, Please send the snapshot.

I hope request status and Project Status are one and the same.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Lenn Kano
Occasional Contributor

So are there other security considerations that would make some project title's editable and not others?
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Lenn,

As project Name is field in Project request, you can provide security to change the Project Name by using field level security.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Lenn Kano
Occasional Contributor

I don't think its a field level security issue because all user can change the project name.

The two issues are definitely related because on the projects where I can change the name, the project status changes according to the workflow for the project details. I am thinking that there is a problem with the link between the project and the project details. I have opened up a trouble ticket with HP
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi lenn,

May be opening a ticket with HP helps.
Is that you are having only one project type or many project types. Also let me know request types attached to these.

When u say u are able to edit name in one project and not in others, check the project type of those.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Lenn Kano
Occasional Contributor

We are only using the PFM-project project type that migrated over from 6.0

the difference is that projects created from proposals pre-upgrade work correctly. the projects created after the upgrade are all consistently failing.
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Lenn,

That Means to me there was a problem after upgrade only.

are u able to see the project status which are related to project request type only.

I am sorry, i am not able to think of good reason for this,

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Lenn Kano
Occasional Contributor

I think I worked this out with HP. I basically had to delete the field groups and then add them back. There is something that did not translate correctly.
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Lenn.

Thanks for the knowledge.

Thanks
Sngiliraja.P
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event