Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Update Roles in Workbench

Highlighted
BB4
Occasional Contributor

How do you Update Roles in Workbench

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where in I have to Update Roles through Workbench.. Can some one please suggest he method to do so

-BB4

6 REPLIES
AntoniP
Super Collector

Re: How do you Update Roles in Workbench

Hi BB4,

Roles are not updated in the Workbench, you can add, remove or edit Roles using the standard web user interface. You can see the current Roles under menu Search > Administrative > Roles.

Maybe you are not referring actually to Roles but to Security Groups. Security Groups are managed in the Workbench and you can do it in the Sys Admin > Security Groups section.

I suggest you to have a look to the Resource Management and Security Model manuals for more information.

Regards,

Antoni

BB4
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AntoniP,

Thankyou for the reply..

My requirement is to assign the tickets from one person to another for a specific period of time

Is there any document I can refer for this.

Kindly Suggest

-BB4

AntoniP
Super Collector

Hi BB4,

could you please clarify what do you mean with "tickets"? Is it a Request Type?

Regards,

Antoni

BB4
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AntoniP

Yes, by Ticket I mean Request Type. We have two types of request types configured in our Environment

Change and Fix.. For some Change Requests I need to change the Assignee from one person to another

Hope my requirement is clear

AntoniP
Super Collector

Ok, so you don't need to update the Request Type, you need to update a specific request in PPM. The only thing you have to do is to locate the field "Assigned To" in the form and change its value. If this field is not visible / editable in the current request status, you can change this temporarily in the Workbench, opening the Request Type and going to the "Status Dependencies" tab to change editability of the field.

Antoni

Amishra

Hello,

Assignee and Roles are two different concepts in PPM. You can assign a request to a person/group using 'Assigned To' or 'Assigned Group' these are independent on the roles that a user has in PPM.  You can further explore the functionality of 'Track Resources' in requests (refer demand management config guide)

For Roles, like Antoni mentioned it should be done via the front end... 

Cheers,

Ajay

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event