Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How do I specify the default module in dashboard?

Highlighted
Bill Nemec
Regular Contributor.

How do I specify the default module in dashboard?

When I login to Dashboard I get this error message: "No default module has been specified for you, and no fallback module has been specified. Please contact your system administrator." Well, for better or worse, I'm the system administrator, but I can't figure out how to specify these defaults for dashboard.
Any help is appreciated.
Bill
8 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How do I specify the default module in dashboard?

Bill,
I have not faced this issue till now. I assume you can distribute a module to yourself and you can go into 'Personalize Dashboard' and make it as the first page in your dashboard.

Please let me know if this does not work, also attach a snapshot of the current error.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
If you hav't Defaul modul effor don't appear. Try to set non personal modul in tab "Administration" precomfigure module. Create or use preconficured mpdule and set visible for all or spesified users or groups.
Good Luck
Bill Nemec
Regular Contributor.

Thanks for the suggestions, but please forgive me as I have not configured dashboard at all yet and really need more simple instructions. Where do I go to configure the default module - Quality Center login, or to the QC server application? Which path do I take to get there? Do I have to configure it for a specific login, all logins, etc. and if so, how?
Thanks,
Bill
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you are working with Quality Center, you are asking the wrong group. This group deals with the Project and Portfolio Management product, formerly known as Mercury IT Governance.
Bill Nemec
Regular Contributor.

If this is the wrong group then where should I be posting my HP Dashboard question?
Bill Nemec
Regular Contributor.

No one can point me to the correct forum to direct my query about HP Quality Center Dashboard???
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

On the Discussion Forums page, Quality Center is listed immediately after this one Project and Portfolio Management. The URL for the Quality Center page is http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=895.
Bill Nemec
Regular Contributor.

Thank you.