The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I modify the Default Header and Workflow.

Highlighted
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

How do I modify the Default Header and Workflow.

In demand manager, on the Request Types tab, there is a Setup Request Header button on the query screen. Under this button we defined a default header request and workflow. Now that I have multiple request headers and workflows, how do I change this? It will not let me delete them and I do not want to have default ones anymore.
8 REPLIES

Re: How do I modify the Default Header and Workflow.

Could you explain your issue a little more in detail. Screenshots would be great.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda,
I hope you want to change the Header Type and Workflow of the existing Request Type.

If this is the case what is the error message you are getting.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

I am attaching screen shots of where the default workflow has been set and of where I am trying to change it. I do not want a defualt workflow set in this field at all. It is preventing users from creating creates and picking which workflow they would like to use. There is a screen shot of that also.

Thanks

Thanks for the screenshot.

You can set a Default Workflow for a request type at the rule level too. Not sure if this is relevant in your case. But in case you want your request type to have one workflow, you can create a rule - Apply on Creation, Simple Defaults and in the Results section - there is a "Workflow" field. Set this field to the workflow you want. Hit Save.

This way the request type will automatically default to the workflow and the users will not be forced to select a workflow, when they create a request.

Again, not sure if this is what you are trying to achieve. But wanted to throw it out there, that this is a possible solution.

- Nisha Kurien
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

This sounds like what I am trying to acheive, but I do not know how to set up rules.

Thanks
Linda

Screenshot with explanation attached.

Let me know how it goes.

- Nisha Kurien
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

That worked!! Thank you so much.

My pleasure :)! Glad to know it worked.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event