Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How do I format Email Notification to use HTML Tags

Highlighted
Manish_King
New Member.

How do I format Email Notification to use HTML Tags

Hello,

I am new to PPM and wanted to know how can I "Beautify" the email that goes out to users upon completion of an action. I would like to have some shading, table borders etc...If that is possible.

Regards,

Manish.

7 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How do I format Email Notification to use HTML Tags

Yes, you can do it.

Notification content support HTML syntax. Simply put the HTML code in notification message box.

You can take reference of exsiting notification template, they also contain HTML code.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Manish_King
New Member.

Thank you, I will try to work on it :)
(kudos given)
Justin1
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

html tags(lines and borders) are not appearing properly in our notifications. I have attached screenshot of the email notification(for the OOTB notification template).

Is there anything to be changed in server configuration to have the borders and lines to appear in notification email?

Regards,

Justin

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

@Justin, we would need to see the HTML code that is supposed to be generating the lines. It also depends on the email client viewing the notification as it is the one translating the HTML code.
Justin1
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Jason.

lines and borders does not appear even if I use the default notification template. Please see the code attached.

Regards,

Justin

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Then I would say it's the email client that can't render the CSS definitions. Putting that very same code into a text file and opening it up in Firefox show the two separation lines defined in the HTML/CSS.
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

if you're using MS Outlook Express, you have to press ALT+SHIFT+H in order to display HTML.

Also, make sure that the HTML option is selected in the notification definition.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem