The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we relate security with User data

Highlighted
Mamta_1
Super Collector

How can we relate security with User data

Hi,

I have created a validation user data. For each validation, I have defined values for each department. All the validations values(like Vendors) are dependent on the department)

My requirement is that the user belonging to a particular department should be able to view the validation values for his department.
So, i need to define security so that the user belonging to thge department is able to view the values for his department.

Thanks,
Mamta

Is there any solution to this.
4 REPLIES
Rich Y_1

Re: How can we relate security with User data

Hi Mamta,

What I've done in the past is setup a SQL validation and then used this validation in the RT. I've listed below the SQL I've used to extract the user data. Hope this helps.

SELECT l.lookup_code, l.meaning
FROM knta_lookups l
WHERE l.lookup_type = 'APPLICATION'
and l.enabled_flag = 'Y'
and l.user_data5 = 'Y'
and UPPER(l.meaning) like UPPER('?%')
and (l.meaning like upper(substr('?',1,1)) || '%' or l.meaning like lower(substr('?',1,1)) || '%')
and decode(l.visible_user_data6,null,'PL',l.user_data6) = '[REQD.P.PRO]'
order by upper(l.meaning)
Mamta_1
Super Collector

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I also did the same when the validation is for a field in request type.

the problem is for the Business Objectives. Business Objectives differ from department to department. this validation is not a part of the the request type and it is seeded data so i cant change it in the validation as well.

What to do in this kind of scenario.
Please suggest. I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Mamta
Rich Y_1

Where are you storing this data is it in a table outside the PPM schema, in a validation, etc?
Mamta_1
Super Collector

NA
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event